• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not familiar with that event to be honest but they seem to both attacks. :dunno:

Who called it a protest? Politicians? Journalists?

You can't judge an event based on your political views alone.

If the same thing happened at your house, people breaking in, trying to burn the place, hitting you in the face etc ...

Would you call the police and report an attack or a protest?

We have to be honest with ourselves.

Some people get pissed when some journalists call BLM riots "protests" and yet they want to call the attack on the Capitol a protest also.

When you break the law it stops being a simple protest.

They dont' evacuate the VP during regular protests in DC.
    The FBI doesn't arrest people who just showed up to peacefully protest.

Both the journalists and politicians were very unified in which they considered a "protest" and which is an "attack".

I don't view things based on my political views, especially when I watched it happen live.

Certainly at my domocile I would report an attack.
    However this is a public building we are talking about with its own police force on site, who literally opened up the gates to the people. Exactly what one does for "attackers".

I try to apply the terms as I see fit.
    Were there Blm protests, yes. Were there Blm riots, yes.
    Is there a certain threshold where legality of any protest comes in to question, sure.
    One then has to ask what sort of laws were broken, were minor or major, were they mallum prohibitum or mallum in se.
    Those that were violent should be charged and speedily tried, according to the law.
    Those that are getting hit for tresspassing or "unlawful" assembly, no, especially not the many that stayed in the velvet ropes. In fact watching footage of so many staying within the velvet ropes, makes the idea of an "attack" just that much more absurd.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I hope those who gave all at The Pearl and the World Trade Center, The Pentagon, and the flight that thankfully didn't make it, all of them haunt Harris daily until her entry into the world of the damned.

That will never happen, you need to have a conscious to be bothered by such a comparison. Leftist political ideologies do not allow for such things as a conscious or facts. Our current administration is proof of that.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadership should be thinking about how to reduce tension rather than ginning it up for political purposes. The past year hasn't seen a lot of positives, but the people making Joe's decisions are clearly self serving amateurs. Still, it can get a lot worse, so this sort of stuff isn't helping.

When I hear something like this morning's speeches, I look around and take great comfort that I live the way I do.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Being a student of history perhaps Kamala should brush up on July 4, 1776 and particularly September 17, 1787.

You think she gives a flying rat's *** about truth, facts, or reality?

Of course not.

This ***** is simply like the other "leaders" in the central state; a charlatan, a grifter, a worthless piece of **** that can go to ****.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    AOC Lays Wreath At Her Grave On January 6th

article-10223-2.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yes. But a handful of windows =/= terrorist attack.

When you can have the mess cleaned up in a week, just sayin...

Both the journalists and politicians were very unified in which they considered a "protest" and which is an "attack".

I don't view things based on my political views, especially when I watched it happen live.

However this is a public building we are talking about with its own police force on site, who literally opened up the gates to the people. Exactly what one does for "attackers".

Is there a certain threshold where legality of any protest comes in to question, sure.
    One then has to ask what sort of laws were broken, were minor or major, were they mallum prohibitum or mallum in se.
    Those that were violent should be charged and speedily tried, according to the law.
    Those that are getting hit for tresspassing or "unlawful" assembly, no, especially not the many that stayed in the velvet ropes. In fact watching footage of so many staying within the velvet ropes, makes the idea of an "attack" just that much more absurd.
    Not everybody who showed up took part in the attack, or to the different violent/illegal acts that occurred that day.
    I can agree with that.
    An attack took place during a protest, I think it's fair to say.

Certainly the whole thing was, in my opinion, a real sh*t show.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not everybody who showed up took part in the attack, or to the different violent/illegal acts that occurred that day.
    I can agree with that.
    An attack took place during a protest, I think it's fair to say.

Certainly the whole thing was, in my opinion, a real sh*t show.
    One that they set up. And laid in wait.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Biden's speech writers are WAY better than Harris's. Oh, wait, ... her staff has either quit or is keeping their fingerprints off of anything she does. Maybe she had to write this herself. She probably spent more time working on this than she has any of her real work!

As for Biden's little show, I read it and actually agreed with many of the points he made (shock!). So, the forum rules against copying quotes from elsewhere make this clumsy, but:

-The part about truth and lies, and that lairs are after profit and power...that was priceless.

-The part about partisan election officials trying to override the will of the people... another gem.

-His admission that he has been told, directly, by Russia and China that democracy will fail soon, and we will become them... Scary

-His observation that its not patriotic to embrace and enable lies, or to only follow the law when it's convenient... I'm good with that.

As usual, the moment was ruined because they just couldn't resist putting in some lies SO obvious, it was impossible to suspend my cynicism, like:
    - This was an honest-to-God ARMED insurrection, and
    - 150 million people risked their lives going to the polls on election day. Yup, he really claimed that 150M went to the polls on that day.

I would recommend anyone who's interested in this stuff to read it, and pretend this was delivered by someone who understood and meant it.

If you can take out the slash-n-stab at Trump, there are some decent points. Some very conservative, patriotic points. Points that go against the majority of what's happening these days. The irony of the words and the man delivering them, is worth a chuckle, a few shakes of the head, and a couple of good screams as well.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Leadership should be thinking about how to reduce tension rather than ginning it up for political purposes. The past year hasn't seen a lot of positives, but the people making Joe's decisions are clearly self serving amateurs. Still, it can get a lot worse, so this sort of stuff isn't helping.

When I hear something like this morning's speeches, I look around and take great comfort that I live the way I do.
    Leadership should be trying to reduce tension but as long as it doesn't directly threaten them and there is some perceived political benefit to the tension, it's not going to happen. I'm sure you're correct that the people making Joe's decisions are self serving amateurs, what I'm not sure is how you tell the difference between them and the self serving professionals because from what I can see the only discernable differences are that the professionals are more visible and have been in the swamp longer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The word "insurrection" gets thrown around alot. I don't see it as applying to January 6th.

Referring specifically, to "storming the capitol", not the protest/rally beforehand:
    "Riot"? Sure.
    "Rampage"? OK.
    "Melee"? Maybe.
    "Idiocy"? Absolutely.

NOT INSURRECTION. Words have meanings. Some definitions, oddly enough, usually under insurance law:

“[T]o constitute an insurrection or rebellion…, there must have been a movement accompanied by action specifically intended to overthrow the constituted government and to take possession of the inherent powers thereof.”
    Home Ins. Co. v. Davila, 212 F.2d 731, 736 (1st Cir., 1954).

nsurrection means ‘[1] a violent uprising by a group or movement [2] acting for the specific purpose of overthrowing the constituted government and seizing its powers.’”
    Pan American World Airways, Inc. v. Aetna Casualty & Surety Co.,
    505 F.2d 989, 1017 (2d Cir., 1974).

“[A]n insurrection ‘must have been accompanied by action specifically intended to overthrow the constituted government and to take possession of the inherent powers thereof.’”
    CIGNA Worldwide Ins. Co. v. Elegant Inc.,
    2002 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 14568, *6-7, 2002 WL 1402348 (District Del. 2002).

There was no grand plan in "storming the capitol". They were making their displeasure known in stupid ways, not trying to overthrow the government and without that, no insurrection.

I don't think the dems pearl clutching over it believe that it was an actual insurrection, but given that the media doesn't know what the word means, they may.

Last edited:

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side

Indeed.

Ah yes, the Jan 6 “Great Meandering” and its hundreds or even thousands of dollars in damages.

Anyone who calls Jan 6 a riot or attack must really have some superlatives for the **** that has been literally burning across the country for two years at the hands of the BLM & Antifa types. Right?

Top Bottom