Handguns I'd just as soon never shoot again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    A friend has a Smith .500 magnum with a snub barrel. It is compensated but still no fun to shoot he also has a smith .357 snub scandium which was extremely unpleasant to shoot. Another friend has an magnum research BFR in 45-70 which wasn't bad to shoot.:patriot:

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    VP-70z - didn't think it was much fun. I'd be okay if I never shot a Glock again, too - I don't really have anything against them, just have gotten to where I'm willing to say that I find their feel and trigger feel aesthetically displeasing, despite their inarguable utility.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    For me, two I'd never want to shoot again are:

Interarms Virginia Dragoon .44 magnum - a single action .44 mag. The recoil was ridiculous and the shape of the grip made it roll upward with every shot. It was truly terrible. The only good thing I can say about it was that I paid $300 for it and 750 rounds of .44 mag. It was the steal of a century. I found an Astra .44 Mag copy of the S&W Model 29 with a 6" barrel for cheap and quickly sold off the Dragoon. I've never looked back.

S&W .38spl Bodyguard - In premise, it was really cool. A polymer framed, DAO, .38 with a built in laser sight. It weighed almost nothing. The problem is that the lack of weight and the heavy DAO trigger was just something I could never get used. I couldn't hit jack squat with it (and the recoil wasn't that pleasant either, even with low recoil .38s, but that was to be expected). So, I sold it off as well. I've got a steel Taurus 85 with an exposed hammer and that thing is a ton of fun at the range.

Top Bottom