Handguns I'd just as soon never shoot again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I hate shooting Glocks. They fit the hand about as well as a robot wiener. I dislike shooting .40 in general. I shot a Beretta 96, that wasn't to bad, but generally speaking, it's just a weirdly unpleasant round to shoot. I've shot, tiny .45s (XDS), and small .357s, and other pocket rockets, and don't mind, but .40 just has a unpleasantness about it.

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    The worst pistol i ever shot was a SCCY 9mm. with a fully loaded clip you couldnt hardly pull the trigger but by the 5th bullet it was easy as butter. I immediately took it back and got an xd 9mm which my fiancee loves. Insert evil grin here.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    And, surprisingly, the G22 wasn't all that comfortable to shoot either....Other guns that I hate to shoot: Airweight J-frame (But I do to stay somewhat proficient), COP .357, S&W500 Mag

Yeah I can't say I care for the Glocks either. Their grips either do or don't work for you and I'm one of the ones where they don't. I also don't care for shooting my LCR 357 but I love carrying it so I shoot it to stay proficient.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Subcompact Glock .45. Absolutely horrible. The sight radius was so short and the recoil was so bad it was pretty much impossible for me to hit anything smaller than a dinner plate more than 15 feet away. Didn't help that this was very early on in my "shooting career," but the experience stuck with me.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The worst pistol i ever shot was a SCCY 9mm. with a fully loaded clip you couldnt hardly pull the trigger but by the 5th bullet it was easy as butter. I immediately took it back and got an xd 9mm which my fiancee loves. Insert evil grin here.

How did you "take it back" Ive never seen a LGS that will let you return something.
    Unless you mean, you sold it back to them at a loss, then used that money to buy an XD..

Im a glock fan, I actually like the way they fit my hand. Im also a fan of the .40 round. I prefer it actually.

I dont care for xd's, they dont feel solid enough. I like m&p's, but the ones Ive handled dont fit as well as the glocks.

My buddies 10g shotgun, is probably the most unpleasent GUN ive ever shot.
    But the only HANDgun I wouldnt mind never shooting again is this little tossaway .25 my buddy in HS had. Loud as a 12g, barely killed a coon, and had like a 8million pound trigger pull that was a mile long and a completely unpredictable break, usually somewhere in the next county.. I dont even remember what brand it was. "POS" Im guessing.

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    I did take a loss but considering it was suppossed to be for my fiancee and when she saw how much i had to fight it to get it to fire she said hell no im not touching that. So i lost 80 all together 24 hours and 18 rounds. There are even some reviews out there that some people had the gun blow up in their hands brand new during first firing.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I am not going to jump on the "Hate Glock", bandwagon, but they have just never been comfortable with me. I love my 1911's, Beretta's, even the XD's I have had. I also cannot stand any type of snubby or lightweight revolver. If it has less than a 3" barrel, it is just too uncomfortable due to the recoil, not to mention getting the front sight back on target.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    let's not turn this into a "Indy_Guy hates Glock" thread...

I don't. Not at all.

I just don't like the 3rd Gen G22. So there. :D

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Wow, Harry, I have no problem, with my SBH. How long is the barrel? I have a 7 1/2 inch, and specials, are CAKE. I reload, a load half way between top .44 spl., and low .44 mag. I really enjoy it !!!!! I have shot a Springfield XD in .40, and a S&W M&P, in .40, and just don't like the recoil in a "plastic" gun. I shoot my S&W .45 645, with no problem at all. Everyone is different, and we all have different likes. If we didn't then we would all have the same gun, car, and house .....:twocents:
    My SBH is 10" or 10 1/2" I forget. I've got 4 SA Rugers and love the look of all of them. That's why I own them. I just don't fit them or they don't fit me. I still love them though.
    Even a bad day shooting is better or as good as about anything else I can think of (or remember at my age).

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My least favorite was a 12" 416 Rigby barrel for a T/C Encore I borrowed through a loaner program on another forum. Look up 600 Nitro Pistol and you'll get the idea. I held on, but 1 round was all it took to put it back in the mail back to the owner with a $80 box of ammo with one empty and 19 live rounds as a thanks.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My least favorite was a 12" 416 Rigby barrel for a T/C Encore I borrowed through a loaner program on another forum. Look up 600 Nitro Pistol and you'll get the idea. I held on, but 1 round was all it took to put it back in the mail back to the owner with a $80 box of ammo with one empty and 19 live rounds as a thanks.

That hurts just thinking about it!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :popcorn:

OH MAN...those who hate those who hate the Glock are going to pile on you...all teary-eyed and stuff!

I have his back on this one. I have no love what so ever for any Glock variant and I have shot most all of them.
    No knock on the gun as it most always goes boom when the trigger is pulled. I just do not like the feel/look/fit&finish. Just my personal opinion on this.
    Yes....I am a 1911 Junky

Top Bottom