• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chad504

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Obviously, no matter how she acted, she must not have been too threatened or she would not have dared to take a picture - provoking the situation. It's all about sensationalism anymore.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Where has this happened?

Think this, self defense is a reaction. An action is quicker than a reaction. A gun is used to deter crime. Tell me what makes you think that just because someone wants to rob a place wants to possibly commit murder? Sorry, there is a lot of non factual based assumptions in your post.

Indianapolis. Uniformed officer, so obviously open carry. Winter time, roads are ice coated, he's in a convenient store talking to the clerk. Suspect comes in, sees the officer, and leaves. He returns shortly thereafter and pretends so shop. He approaches the counter and shoots the officer in the back of the head. Luckily, it was a .25acp and didn't penetrate his skull. The officer described it as "I thought I got punched in the back of the head", turns and sees the gun, gun fight ensues, cop wins. Not only was the robber not deterred by open carry, he wasn't deterred by the presence of a uniformed police officer and had no qualms about attempting to murder him to complete his robbery.

I'm not looking to start the OC/CC thread, but you asked where it has happened, so I answered that specific question.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm confused. If she was so scared of you and your gun, why draw attention to herself by taking a flash photo?

Isn't that the equivalent of saying "I saw a bear in the woods and decided to leave because I was afraid it would attack, but before I left I poked at it with a sharp stick.":stickpoke:

Sounds like she couldn't make up her mind if she wanted to be scared or just be dramatic.:nuts:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Went to Big Apple Bagel in Noblesville this morning with my 30 year old son. I opencarry. Standing with my son I see a flash go off behind me. My son said a ladyjust took a picture of me, my back toward the lady. I had a j-frame S&WModel 460-1 on the right hip just back of center. She then rushed her 12-14year old son out of the store telling him to keep his mouth closed. I think Icaused a morning with her son to go bad. :dunno: It must be a living h*ll to be thatscared out in public.

We are not responsible for the irrational fears of others. If we were, Micahel Moore would cause anyone that see's a spoon to go into panic over the fear of becoming fat.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I live on the North side of Indy, and every time I go shopping I look to see a bulge on people's hips, especially if they look the part, but so far have seen zero. There is no way I'm open carrying up here, I'd stand out like a soar thumb. Besides, it is so safe in Carmel that no one needs a gun.

I OC in Fishers all the time....:dunno:

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    That's crazy, how the heck did that come about.

Well its a funny story! It was the first time I OC in public, I was at taco bell in greenwood and I had my Glock 26 on the backside of my right hip. I was in line for about 20 minutes when suddenly a woman approched me and tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to her and she asked me 'does you having a gun make you feel all big and bad?' and I replied 'Its my right to carry a weapon in public ma'am, im simply exercising my right.' Then she started screaming at me as loudly as possible, scaring children and some elderly folk that were nearby, luckily and off duty police officer was there with his family and he showed his badge to her and said 'ma'am i need you to come with me.' After I got my order as i was walking out the door I heard her screaming at the cops (officer had called the pd to dispatch an officer) she was claiming that guns were the reason that people were killed every day. She was then arrested for disturbing the peace and the officer asked me if i wanted to press charges on her for public harassment, i said no and went on my way. :laugh:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Whew!

I can't express how glad I am the flash didn't cause your gun to go off. The good news is, since it is a revolver, it only would have fired one shot. Assuming, of course, it isn't a full-auto assault revolver. :dunno:

marrell1482

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    NWI
    Haha wow that's ridiculous. Nothing like that has happened to me yet. Of course a majority of the time I'm in uniform with a vest on. For some reason people trust the police / anyone in a uniform with a gun

Last edited:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ive never seen anybody carry something as large as a S&W 460 in public before! Thats hilarious. I would love to have somebody do that to me when I OC.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Haha wow that's ridiculous. Nothing like that has happened to me yet. Of course a majority of the time I'm in uniform with a vest on. For some reason people trust the police / anyone in a uniform with a gun

There has been several time ive been glad the POPO has saved my butt! I have alot of respect for police, i have family in IMPD and he's a hardworking man. As far as military, I cannot thank them enough for everything they do! I work at walmart and everytime i see a man in uniform (Police or Military) i give them my discount.

Top Bottom