• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    You have no idea what your talking about, your comments are spoken like a cop. In no way would i EVER call the law. Ill tell you like i told super DNR, If someone was poaching on my property, I would handle the situation myself, Hell i beg for someone to come poaching on my property. I dont need DNR there to hold my hand while i tell someone thier on my land & i dont need DNR to help me remove someone from my place, dont point your personal weaknesses towards me.
    And as far as being "asked a couple questions" once again you have no idea what you are talking about. The dude questioned me for 20 mins, Starting with " i want to ask you about your wife" < (insert her name here) I had thoughts run thru my head that my wife may be in a car accident, all because this #@$^&&&%$#@#$% wouldnt just state his buisness.
    It MAY have been different if he would have said " Sir, I have a report that you killed a deer & had your wife tag it, is this true"? Thats not how it happened.
    In the future, dont sit here on this interweb forum & tell me & others what i would & wouldnt do in certain situations. You dont know me from Adam.

As for filing a complaint... All that will do is wast more of my time.
    Your last sentence is classic
    "Oh well, sorry you feel wronged"
    G, Wonder what you do for a living :noway:
    I work for an attorney. I'm not in law enforcement. I too, however, am sorry you feel wronged.

Again, the CO was doing his job. They either saw something they deemed worth checking out, or someone reported something they felt was worth checking out. Either way, they did just that. They checked it out, apparently believed you, and dismissed their suspicions. So, again, why the continued rampage?

Another thing...do you really think that telling them the things you say you did/would in the manner in which you imply is going to prevent them from checking something out with your name on it in the future if a suspicion arises or someone reports something?
    • OMG..we better not check out this guy...he YELLED at us last time and said he didn't need our help...we better just leave him alone and look at what's on paper for him, because he said if it's on the tag, it's 100% legit, and we KNOW we can belive him!!! :rolleyes:
    See how utterly ridiculous that really sounds? If you don't have anything to hide, let them do their job without making it any more difficult.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I work for an attorney. I'm not in law enforcement. I too, however, am sorry you feel wronged.

Again, the CO was doing his job. They either saw something they deemed worth checking out, or someone reported something they felt was worth checking out. Either way, they did just that. They checked it out, apparently believed you, and dismissed their suspicions. So, again, why the continued rampage?

Another thing...do you really think that telling them the things you say you did/would in the manner in which you imply is going to prevent them from checking something out with your name on it in the future if a suspicion arises or someone reports something?
    • OMG..we better not check out this guy...he YELLED at us last time and said he didn't need our help...we better just leave him alone and look at what's on paper for him, because he said if it's on the tag, it's 100% legit, and we KNOW we can belive him!!! :rolleyes:
    See how utterly ridiculous that really sounds? If you don't have anything to hide, let them do their job without making it any more difficult.

ok, i disagree with you. Yes maybe the CO was doing his job, but he could have handled himself better and been more professional. If someone puffs up their chest at me (LE or civilian) then im gonna puff mine up right back. If the CO who made the first contact would have approached it in a better way (like the guy just said) then he wouldnt have had a problem with the CO and he would have answered all his questions and maybe got a good laugh out of it. But the CO came at him immdediately in a confrontational interogative manner, and if someone wants to interogate me then they can do it at the police station with MY LAWYER present and not on my property. I wouldnt have answered a single question he asked me, nice or not. because the allegations were too serious to be answering questions without a lawyer. best advice is if any LE starts asking or making allegations towards you that are serious enough to possibly have you arrested if your answers are "wrong" to their liking, the LAWYER UP!!! then if they arrest you and have no grounds they will be the ones in the hotseat later for harrassing you. This isnt about deffiance its about your LEGAL RIGHTS under the constitution. and also its about your RIGHT to be innocent until PROVEN GUILTY by A COURT of Law! Even if a LE sees you shoot someone you are still innocent under the law, until a JUDGE & JURY of your peers (not the local LE officers) finds you guilty, because seeing PART of someting isnt always the whole picture.
    I have found that if a LE is pushing it and you push back WITHIN YOUR RIGHTS and they see you know the law, they will back off. No i dont think that yelling at them scares them away, but using their own "law" against them does. its true not all are bad and seek to abuse their power, but the few who do ruin it for the good LE's. because as citizens we see a guy in the same uniform representing a agency that might have wronged us before so they get judged by the way the last LE treated you. its just like if AT&T messes up my bill, and i have to call in several times to fix it. well im not gonna be very happy about the 2nd time, so the poor operatoron the other end of the phone although not personaly their fault, they represent the company that did me wrong so they are gonna take a verbal A** whooping for their company. sometimes generalisation is gonna happen.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

See here is my problem...

What ever happened to Innocent until proven Guilty...
    Respect is a two way street. Treat me like you want me to treat you.
    And I am a firm believer in two things;
    1) My word is my bond...
    2) Careful on how far you push my Honor and my Integrity...

I have seen several CO's abuse their authority. Not all of them but several. I have been told that I did not have permission to be on my own property by CO's. I have CO's question my intent walking my own property with a rifle in my hands... Why?! Why do they have this super power that they do not have to ask me when they are on my property?!

I am perfectly capable of managing the use and hunting of my land without their assistance according to the laws...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Pumpkins eh?!? Learn something new every day here I tell ya.

I guess the blaze orange camo has a benefit after all. :):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well i wish we could find a layer to take up this case against the OVERPOWERMENT of CO's. we need to challenge their all encompassing powers against the constitutionality of it in a court of law. remember too, just because a lawmaker makes a law (or gives a CO commanding power) doesnt mean its constitutional. not all laws are constitutional, but until they are legaly challenged then if you violate them you will go to jail. so i wish someone would take up this issue as hard as they have taken up gun rights, because who wants LE's just walking on their property without permission, either your front lawn or your woods? i dont.
    One of the reasons i get so fired up about LE issues is because i see LE getting more and more powers that I dont think is constitutional. I see it as governements attempt to "legaly violate" posse comotatus. since they cant allow federal uniformed troops to operate in LE capacity on U.S. soil, they are making sure to give local LE as much power as they can get away with and then train some of them like the military. Well to that I SAY: If it sounds like a fart and smells like a fart, then its a fart!!! and right now it looks and smells like we are moving towards a police state in this country, and that will be bad for both sides.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house

So i guess it wouldnt be a big deal if the law came to your home or PLACE OF BUISNESS ( like they did in my case) & questioned you about illeagal activities that you didnt comit. Oh, well, i guess it wouldnt be a big deal your already sitting on your butt in an attorneys office. Im freakin busy dude
    #1. my last post wasnt directed to you, it was directed to pubic servant

#2 Ive said it several times so ill say it for ya again. I WILL NOT let anyone harrass me, not LEO, not CO, not anyone.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Its funny how we all look at things differently. In regards to the CO asking for a license in the parking lot, it may have been a friendly reminder. I have spaced getting my license while at the sporting goods place only to have to backtrack so I could fish legally. He in no way could have issued a ticket that would stick if he didnt have one. Its thier job. If your buying a fishing license, odds are, youre probably going fishing. They spend thier whole life asking people for thier licenses. Its probalby like "morning, can I see your license"
    Also, the LO's are parden the pun "fishing" you would be surprised how many dumb criminals there are out there. Every so often when they ask these people for a deer license, they get some crazy response like. "Ok, Ok you got me, I have 4 illegal deer hanging in my garage!" Im not even joking either. It happens

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Its funny how we all look at things differently. In regards to the CO asking for a license in the parking lot, it may have been a friendly reminder. I have spaced getting my license while at the sporting goods place only to have to backtrack so I could fish legally. He in no way could have issued a ticket that would stick if he didnt have one. Its thier job. If your buying a fishing license, odds are, youre probably going fishing. They spend thier whole life asking people for thier licenses. Its probalby like "morning, can I see your license"
    Also, the LO's are parden the pun "fishing" you would be surprised how many dumb criminals there are out there. Every so often when they ask these people for a deer license, they get some crazy response like. "Ok, Ok you got me, I have 4 illegal deer hanging in my garage!" Im not even joking either. It happens

well sorry but i dont want "frindly reminders from Law enforcement or the government. I want them to stay the heck out of my life, i want nothing to do with them, they are a neccessary evil, because their are bad guys out there. im a good guy and i will obey the law. If it was a perfect world and everyone obeyed the law, we wouldnt need LEO's at all, they would be useless.

Also, unless a LEO has probable cause then they dont need to even ask me my name. thats fishing and i wont bite. they will be calling their supervisor and maybe a state cop too at my request. may ruin my plans for the day waiting but in the end i will be right, or even if they say im not, then i still stood up for myself and didnt lay down, and i protested legaly and not criminaly so i will still be a free man even if in the end i have to provide my license. i got nothing to hide but EVERYTHING TO PROTECT!!

Oh and to the last comment about criminals. ALL CRIMINALS ARE DUMB, even if they arent caught, they are dumb. and if i see something very ilegal going on i will gladly support my local PD and call them to let them know. I DO NOT SUPPORT CRIMINAL ACTIVITY AT ALL. but I also just wanna be left alone by the government and local authorities. Pretty soon the govt. will tell me i need a certain type of toilet paper to wipe my butt with. After i retire (hopefully in 5 more years) will be moving with my family and in-laws to a "butt F*** egypt" location in the middle of no where, and we will live off the grid, and the only contact i will have with uncle sam is to collect my VA bennefits and to pay my taxes. thats it.

Last edited:

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    So i guess it wouldnt be a big deal if the law came to your home or PLACE OF BUISNESS ( like they did in my case) & questioned you about illeagal activities that you didnt comit. Oh, well, i guess it wouldnt be a big deal your already sitting on your butt in an attorneys office. Im freakin busy dude
    #1. my last post wasnt directed to you, it was directed to pubic servant

#2 Ive said it several times so ill say it for ya again. I WILL NOT let anyone harrass me, not LEO, not CO, not anyone.

No, actually, it wouldn't be a big deal for me if 'the law (as you put it)' showed up to ask me some questions, especially if I knew I hadn't done anything wrong in the first place. In fact, I've been checked multiple times and multiple places; never once have the CO's been anything but polite to me. Maybe that's because I was polite with them. I'm not saying you blindly answer any and all questions they ask; as others have said, some situations simply require an attorney; but for pete's sake, they way you've made this read it comes across that you're getting awfully bent out of shape over the guy asking you a couple of questions while performing his duties, especially considering, by your own admission, that you answered, and he accepted those answers and left.

From you, we have one side of the story, and one side only. I'll be seeing some of the CO's tomorrow; probably not the one in question, but I may be able to get in touch with him or run into someone that can. If you'd like to PM me with his name or something, I'll give it a shot, and maybe we can get him to post here or to at least relay his version of events. That's the only way we're going to get the whole picture.

Unless I missed it in one of your posts, he didn't come out of the truck yelling and raising his voice, saying something like "you did it, you might as well go ahead and admit it!". He came out, and (to paraphrase) said something like "We have a concern this is what may have happened, and wanted to stop by to talk to you about it", and you're going on here, days later, on a rampage bashing not only CO's, but LE in general, and now you're trying a personal attack towards me because I have the good fortune of 'sitting on my butt in an attorneys office'.

Well, that's ok. I won't give you any neg rep for that. Heck, if it makes you feel a little warm and fuzzy inside to take a poke at me, go ahead...I've got broad shoulders....I think I can handle it! I'll even make it easier for you for next time....I don't work in an office, I sit on my butt and work from my home 90% of the time!

So, now you know...be gentle with me. However, it still doesn't change my opinion on this whole matter...

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house

Unless I missed it in one of your posts, He came out, and (to paraphrase) said something like "We have a concern this is what may have happened, and wanted to stop by to talk to you about it

Yes you did miss a couple of my posts, go back read them again before you involve yourself in my situation. It did NOT happen like you say it did. Had it happened like you think, i wouldnt be so bitter.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville

Unless I missed it in one of your posts, He came out, and (to paraphrase) said something like "We have a concern this is what may have happened, and wanted to stop by to talk to you about it

Yes you did miss a couple of my posts, go back read them again before you involve yourself in my situation. It did NOT happen like you say it did. Had it happened like you think, i wouldnt be so bitter.

Well, I just re-read every one of your posts in this thread; no where do you say specifically what he actually said. Yes, you give a couple phrases here and there, but let's have the whole conversation. Also, I'd like to make the following points:
    1. If you don't want people to 'involve yourself in my situation', you shouldn't post on a public forum for all to see.
    2. In your first post, you said he walked up, introduced himself, and even gave you his nickname; so far sounds pretty cordial...
    3. You say he proceeded on a 'gigantic fishing expedition'; who's term is that? Specifically what did he say and/or ask, without paraphrasing? We have no way to know the other side of the conversation here, and you've only paraphrased parts of it to support your side.
    4. According to you, he said "I want to talk to your about your wife" and your response was "what the sam hell you talking about?"; He 'pissed you off and you let him know it' etc. You complained that he should have just come out and said it, yet if he would have gotten out of the vehicle, walked up to you, and simply said "I'm here because I suspect you killed 2 bucks and had your wife tag one." you'd be complaining that he accused you of it without so much as introducing himself, trying to be cordial, etc.
    5. You said he tried to 'provoke you to admitting to killing your wife's deer'; Again, how did he do that...by saying he wanted to talk to you about it? By introducing himself and trying to politely open the subject as to why he was there?
    6. In another post, you said 'What ticks me off is'...that's the real problem you've got, and you should just come out and say it without beating around the bush. You were ticked that a CO dare set foot on your property to question you. You're a landowner, and a farmer; you can kill those deer anytime you want, and you don't have to answer to anyone.
    Dude, this is how most of your posts in this thread are coming across, and I'm just trying to point out that you need to remember, he was doing his job, and IMO from what information you've given, he was doing it as politely as he could, and YOU'RE the one who flew off the handle. It sounds like you want everyone to think that just because someone completes a tag, and it's in the system, that's a guarantee they did everything legally and shouldn't ever be questioned. If that was the case, what kind of shape do you think we would be in as hunters today?

I have what I believe to be the name of the CO in question; I'm being told that he most likely won't be there tomorrow because it's a different district than the event that I'm attending, but I'm going to try to see if I can't get some of his peers to check in on this and see if one of them will chime in here. They may or may not because they simply may not want to waste the time or effort, or they may not be able to (I'm not sure if they could do so legally if it was/is part of an investigation) , but it'd definitely be interesting to hear the other side of the story on this one.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    GREG, seems to me that your going on a witch hunt. why do you wanna possibly cause this man more hassle. that'd be like me contacting the cop who gave you a traffic ticket and telling him, hey Greg was talking crap about you and saying you didnt do your job right. matter of fact hes posting it in a public forum and over half the people agree with him that you were a d***.

how much you wanna bet theres a 8 out of 10 chance you get another ticket within days of that officer being told that, even if you werent realy speeding again?? Greg, you are now i believe by trying to track this CO down and drag this mans case in front of him again, abusing the sanctity of this forum! the man is giving his opinion and i think most of us agree and believe him. and i deffinately will believe him over that CO. plus he cant discuss it with you, even if you are a hot shot janitor at a law firm, because since no charges have been filed that would be hear say and slander on the CO's part and then Greg would have a legal case against the state. Is it realy that important to you to make this farmer suffer even more? i wish i knew who your boss was because maybe id tell him how close minded i think you are, in my opinion.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    GREG, seems to me that your going on a witch hunt. why do you wanna possibly cause this man more hassle. that'd be like me contacting the cop who gave you a traffic ticket and telling him, hey Greg was talking crap about you and saying you didnt do your job right. matter of fact hes posting it in a public forum and over half the people agree with him that you were a d***.

how much you wanna bet theres a 8 out of 10 chance you get another ticket within days of that officer being told that, even if you werent realy speeding again?? Greg, you are now i believe by trying to track this CO down and drag this mans case in front of him again, abusing the sanctity of this forum! the man is giving his opinion and i think most of us agree and believe him. and i deffinately will believe him over that CO. plus he cant discuss it with you, even if you are a hot shot janitor at a law firm, because since no charges have been filed that would be hear say and slander on the CO's part and then Greg would have a legal case against the state. Is it realy that important to you to make this farmer suffer even more? i wish i knew who your boss was because maybe id tell him how close minded i think you are, in my opinion.
    Well, you're way off base, but I can see where my posts led you in that direction, so let me clarify some.

First, the OP is the one that has teetered on bashing LE's and CO's in the thread, which is what's really supposed to be against the 'sanctity' of this forum, as you put it. He's also the one that started with personal attacks, but I haven't turned there in retribution. My intentions are not to cause him a hassle in any way, they're merely to hold a discussion on the subject; however, reading back over my posts, I can see where it may have been misconstrued, and slightly off course for what I was hoping to accomplish.

My attempt to contact the CO has nothing to do with where I work or what I do there (Oh, and your comment also teeters on abusing the 'sanctity' of the forum, does it not?), and my talk of contacting him wasn't coming from that direction. It's because I know some of the CO's, teach classes with them, and attend a few events with them each year. I'm simply curious to know the other side of this and how it actually went down. However, seeing in hindsight that you do have a valid point, and somewhat agreeing with it, I'll revise my previous statement, and if I DO find out any information, it won't be posted publically.

Let me state, for the record, since I have not done so yet (as I should have): I believe the OP that the deer was taken legally by his wife; I've never doubted that. I also don't doubt he said and acted as he says he did; what I'd like to know, fully, is why he felt he needed to act this way and why some people have feelings like that against a LE or CO who are doing their job.

Let me ask a question; when you read of a CO busting a poacher, are you happy about that, or pissed off? Do you think they were able to do so without some sort of investigation, and talking to that person? But if we were to go with the OP's train of thought, and others, it would seem, then no one would EVER be arrested for poaching or other game law violations, because the CO's shouldn't question anything or anyone unless they're right there to observe the offense, ESPECIALLY if everything's legal on paper....

What about when a drunk driver is arrested BEFORE he's causes an accident that involves one of your family members....should he not have been put through the sobriety tests because his license is right there, all legal like?

Or a tip is received about a weapon headed to your kids school, and it's intercepted before it makes it there...That means they followed up on a tip and investigated...

Crude examples, I know, but THAT'S the ill logic I'm trying to follow.

Last edited:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    After re visiting this thread, I just had another thought on the situation. Maybe the DNR just needs some "diversity" training. If a "red flag" pops up due to the fact that a wife checks a deer around the same time as her husband,in this day and age, it shows a little narrow mindedness on the part of the CO.My wife has been hunting for 15 of the 16 years we've been together. Believe me when I tell you ,that while this officers questions might not bother me all that much, the wife would go absolutely ballistic. I can hear her now, "You don't think I can kill a deer just because I'm a woman?" (insert expletives every other word. lol) I'd almost pay to see it. Except that I'm sure the CO would just slink away with a "have a nice day Ma'am", and I would still be listening to the rant long after he was gone. But seriously, multiple deer from one family/property is justification for suspicion?

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Well, you're way off base, but I can see where my posts led you in that direction, so let me clarify some.

First, the OP is the one that has teetered on bashing LE's and CO's in the thread, which is what's really supposed to be against the 'sanctity' of this forum, as you put it. He's also the one that started with personal attacks, but I haven't turned there in retribution. My intentions are not to cause him a hassle in any way, they're merely to hold a discussion on the subject; however, reading back over my posts, I can see where it may have been misconstrued, and slightly off course for what I was hoping to accomplish.

My attempt to contact the CO has nothing to do with where I work or what I do there (Oh, and your comment also teeters on abusing the 'sanctity' of the forum, does it not?), and my talk of contacting him wasn't coming from that direction. It's because I know some of the CO's, teach classes with them, and attend a few events with them each year. I'm simply curious to know the other side of this and how it actually went down. However, seeing in hindsight that you do have a valid point, and somewhat agreeing with it, I'll revise my previous statement, and if I DO find out any information, it won't be posted publically.

Let me state, for the record, since I have not done so yet (as I should have): I believe the OP that the deer was taken legally by his wife; I've never doubted that. I also don't doubt he said and acted as he says he did; what I'd like to know, fully, is why he felt he needed to act this way and why some people have feelings like that against a LE or CO who are doing their job.

Let me ask a question; when you read of a CO busting a poacher, are you happy about that, or pissed off? Do you think they were able to do so without some sort of investigation, and talking to that person? But if we were to go with the OP's train of thought, and others, it would seem, then no one would EVER be arrested for poaching or other game law violations, because the CO's shouldn't question anything or anyone unless they're right there to observe the offense, ESPECIALLY if everything's legal on paper....

What about when a drunk driver is arrested BEFORE he's causes an accident that involves one of your family members....should he not have been put through the sobriety tests because his license is right there, all legal like?

Or a tip is received about a weapon headed to your kids school, and it's intercepted before it makes it there...That means they followed up on a tip and investigated...

Crude examples, I know, but THAT'S the ill logic I'm trying to follow.
    Greg B from INDY, im not even going to readyour posts, when i told you i wouldnt be harrassed by anyone !!! That includes you!!! i dont care if you believe me or not. The CO believed what i told him. talking to me on an internet forum is one thing, bringing my affairs up to other CO is non of your GD buisness!!! LEAVE ME BE :nono:

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    First, the OP is the one that has teetered on bashing LE's and CO's in the thread, which is what's really supposed to be against the 'sanctity' of this forum, as you put it.

Let me ask a question; when you read of a CO busting a poacher, are you happy about that, or pissed off? Do you think they were able to do so without some sort of investigation, and talking to that person?

GREG,

sorry but sharring oppinions about LE's and CO's "bashing as you call it" doesnt go against the sanctity of this forum, its part of what this forum is about. A place where like minded individuals can gather and share their thoughts. you dont think LEO's have their own chat sites where they "bash" citizens they encounter or talk about their days?? Also i have critisized plenty of LE decisions on this forum, and believe me, if they feel a statement is wrong, they will eventually let you know. which is good. they have the right, just as we have the right to state our opinions.

to your question for me. if a CO catches a poacher on public property or someone elses property when they didnt have their permission then yes im happy. but do i believe CO's should have the right to come on your property and tell you what you can kill or who you can allow to kill what? HE** F***ing NO!!!!! it should be none of the governments business. why do we pay property taxes if they can come on our property and tell us what to do?? sounds to me like its realy not our property in the ALMIGHTY GOVERNMENTS eyes. TYRANY, DICTATORSHIP, MONARCHY, thats what it sounds like to me. Didnt we have a war to end that stuff in this country?? hmmmm i thought so, so how did we get right back to where we were, or maybe worse??

Also you think do I believe CO's make arrest without doing some sort of investigation? YES I DO!! all the time. an investigation in some of these guys minds is hmmm looks guilty, smells guity, quotta for my new truck,, ARREST!!!!! I realy dont judge ANYBODY based on what a LE official says or arrest them for, I wait to see what a jury says like your supposed to.

Greg, have you ever heard the term " HOSTER SNIFFER " ???? i'll just leave it at that. next time you'll probly be riding in the truck with the CO. watch out guys!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    They were profiling.............the data presumes nothing and people are mindless drones these days. So they went fishing for a bust. You have to protect your rights yourself.

+1. exactly what ive been saying. you couldnt be more right in both your post. dont tell them crap without a lawyer, and watch out for the fishing expeditions. good post

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I am AMAZED at the crap I just read in this thread being aimed at the OP.

My 15 year old daughter is better prepared then most in here for this kind of thing since she was age 5. Why age 5? Because she was in school at that age. Part of the system. From that age on she knows the protocol for answering questions. It takes more guts to stand up to the system then to follow it blindly. Keep your mouth shut, just keep asking for your parents, say nothing. Your Parents will do the rest.

The OP was not caught in the act, not on the scene of a crime, not doing anything, not even accused in writting of anyhting by anyone. If so they would have drove up and taken him into custody.

Hell, was he on private property at the time of the encounter? (EDIT: He was. His business that he owns)

No one ever asks you questions that are to your benefit. No one, not ever. Do the math. Anything you say can and WILL be used against you. And at the point you can't retract it, restate it or rephrase it and it can be twisted 10,000 different ways.

I wonder if the OP was Mirandized? Afterall he was one of the two suspected law breakers in this.

Now if some of the posters here think questioning the behavior of an LEO is bashing, move to California. BTDT, you will fit in great.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom