• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    This reminds me of people who get offended when they hand you a gun, and after you check to make sure it's not loaded, they get huffy because you didn't "trust" them.

I was proud of my 15 year old daughter the other day. I was watching a shooting show on t.v. and they were talking about "single action". My daughter asked me to get my guns and show her the difference between SA and DA.......I checked the chamber on my semi-auto, closed the slide and started to explain......she then asked me if I would show her the empty chamber before I started to explain to her.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    As for the OP.......good on you for not unholstering your gun. If they're offended by that, they have issues.

As for the "permit"/"license" correction, I've never really understood the reason many of you here have for pointing that out. "CCW Permits", yes, I agree. There is no concealed carry permit in Indiana. But, pointing out the ignorance in calling a license a permit is just hair splitting IMO

mlang2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    As for the "permit"/"license" correction, I've never really understood the reason many of you here have for pointing that out. "CCW Permits", yes, I agree. There is no concealed carry permit in Indiana. But, pointing out the ignorance in calling a license a permit is just hair splitting IMO

Agreed. "Permit" is the standard term most folks will use. To correct them on something so insignificant to them will do nothing but give them the impression you feel superior to them.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    OP handled this situation well.:yesway: Maybe when these clowns looked offended he could have said "Besides not being safe or prudent to un-holster my pistol now, it IS my private property. Would you show ME your wallet and what's in it?":rolleyes:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    You did the right thing!

I have been ask that same question before, and this is what I always say,

There are 3 questions in life that always get a firm "NO";
    1. "NO" you can't ride my motorcycle
    2. "NO" you can't fondle my firearm
    3. "NO" I don't want to hold your baby

Sometimes people laugh sometimes people get pissed, either is fine with me.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    You should have unzipped and started, "This is my rifle, this is my gun...."

Seriously though you did the right thing. I was selling a gun to a guy and we met in a Walmart parking lot. He brought a buddy with him who asked to see one of my guns, a glock 30. I knew it was empty but he, with the muzzle pointed at the front door to the Walmart where families are walking in and out, without ever checking to see if it was loaded or even asking me...pulls the trigger. Guess who's liability that would have been if it were loaded? I never let anyone see my gun in public. Anyone stupid enough to ask that question is stupid enough to believe people carry unloaded guns.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A guy you only know by name and another guy you don't know from Adam got offended because you wouldn't hand them a firearm in a crowded area. . . . . . . BFD! If they were as gun savvy as they apparently think they are they wouldn't have asked in the first place!!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    You did the right thing!

I have been ask that same question before, and this is what I always say,

There are 3 questions in life that always get a firm "NO";
    1. "NO" you can't ride my motorcycle
    2. "NO" you can't fondle my firearm
    3. "NO" I don't want to hold your baby

Sometimes people laugh sometimes people get pissed, either is fine with me.

:rofl::rockwoot:

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    You should have unzipped and started, "This is my rifle, this is my gun...."

Seriously though you did the right thing. I was selling a gun to a guy and we met in a Walmart parking lot. He brought a buddy with him who asked to see one of my guns, a glock 30. I knew it was empty but he, with the muzzle pointed at the front door to the Walmart where families are walking in and out, without ever checking to see if it was loaded or even asking me...pulls the trigger. Guess who's liability that would have been if it were loaded? I never let anyone see my gun in public. Anyone stupid enough to ask that question is stupid enough to believe people carry unloaded guns.

Wow, I would have snapped at that guy for doing something like that. Even if he checked the chamber, its still unsafe to point and pull the trigger at other people. :bash:

Top Bottom