• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drotis

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Hello everyone. First post here. Pushing 50 yrs old this year. Did lots of plinking with my dad as a teenager. Didn't fire a gun for 30 years until a co-worker reintroduced me last spring. Now it has become a full blown obsession and I'm having a blast (pun intended). Anyway, I'll be in Bloomington in a couple of weeks with some time to kill, and I love nosing around gun shops.
    Any advice?
    PS, I joined this forum a while back, and have gotten alot of good info just by following threads. Looking forward to contributing when I can.
    Thanks in advance.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Drop into Four Seasons. They are a good group of guys, and the actually have a decent selection at the moment, considering the state of things. MC Sports is ok, but they are cleaned out at the moment.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Keep in mind, supply is low everywhere But I'll 2nd MC Sports :yesway: Indianapolis is the closest metro area with several excellent gun shops

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    The two places I was going to mention have already been listed. And 'theundeadelvis' is correct, MCSports is pretty much cleaned out. The gun cases and the ammo shelves are really pitiful looking at the moment.

Oh! Welcome to INGO from another Monroe County person!

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Welcome to INGO, I like four seasons a lot. I have not had good luck with mc sports. Traildust is a great army navy store as well, like the ones I went to as a kid.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Third on MC Sports. Andrew used to have his own shop, so when he's in there's someone experienced to talk with.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Ill put in another good word for four seasons! Not always the best prices in there but.... Helpful and nice people every time I am there. Ill actually be by there later today to pick up a transfer! They get 100% of my transfer biz bc its only $15 and they are happy and dont act like its an inconvenience! Good to see all these btown folks. Lastly I was always one to check by MC sports but they are truly cleaned out...

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    MCsports is my go to place if it is in Bloomington. Otherwise I head up to Bonnie and Clydes in Martinsville. MCsports, just trickles in guns and ammo right now. The have a glock and a couple xd's and of course the judge, for which I am a proud new owner :) . Secveral 22 pistols. They still have a good selection of rifles too. Ammo is non existent there.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    THey've mentioned it above. MC Sports, Four Seasons, Traildust (army & navy surplus store, but no firearms), Dick's Sporting Goods.
    There are also a couple shops in Bedford and Martinsville as well.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll have to recommend Four Seasons as well, primarily for the fact that they'll do transfers for $15 as previously mentioned ITT. In my experience, they'll give you a copy of their FFL right away upon request, no questions asked. Just let them know you need it for an online purchase or whatever.

Leathers Limited is a good place as well; Gary is a great, honest guy and has some cool stuff for essentially running the business out of his garage. When I was looking to buy some Norma 6.5x52 Carcano he had on display, he actually did some research and found out that some of Norma's stuff is loaded quite hot and considered unsafe to shoot out of some guns and thus told me he couldn't sell it to me in good conscience. And I was quite glad of it, as he may have saved me from a nasty surprise there.

And speaking of Traildust, I was in there about two weeks ago and was impressed by their selection of more unusual and exotic ammo. Bought two boxes of Hornady 6.5x50 Arisaka that I couldn't seem to find anywhere online while I was there, as well as 10 rounds of original Italian surplus 6.5mm Carcano.

Top Bottom