• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Only 2 guns I don't own anymore, a 20gauge youth model new england break action and a 10/22. The 20 was my first shotgun my dad bought me and the 10/22 was the worst one in the world. And actually my dad sold them when I was around 13 to buy me a like new 1100lt 20gauge. I don't regret it but everything I have now is here to stay. And they all get shot atleast once a year. I bought a safe last year and already outgrew it in a few months. But I find stuff all the time that you just can't pass up. My last purchase was a m44 for 100 with ammo and clips nothing wrong with it and in great shape. So I could easily double my money but not in it for that. It's sentimental and collecting for me. Plus I like to shoot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    One of the lessons my father taught me was to NEVER get attached to anything. Simply because life is a mean cruel *****, and will bite you in the ass when you least suspect it.

When that happens, you HAVE to sell items, and a lot of times its items you care about.

There are guns, and other items, that I hate to have to sell, but I will if I have to. And there are items, and guns, that I have sold to get something else that I'll get more use out of.

Everything I have is for sale.

It's taken me a while to get to this, but this is what I follow.

I'm probably a poor trader, but my experience has been that if you really need to sell a firearm for the cash value, then be prepared to take a hit. The market never seems to favor high gun value when you need it to.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    I think I'm another 401k guy. At least that's what I tell myself and the missus. I look for months for my next purchase and I love the treasure hunt. Stable finances now that I'm old and don't anticipate needing to sell. My gun investments have done much better than any stock market. I shoot a lot.

Walking in and buying a new gun has never occurred to me. I am the old guy who loves old revolvers. When I finally find the one I want, why would I sell it? It was a well thought out purchase that I got at a reasonable price. It goes up in value every day. I have purchased wheel guns at gun shows that I wasn't anticipating or looking for. Those are usually guns I know well, but wasn't on my current list. I have been incredibly lucky with my finds, but I bolster that luck with lots of patient searching.

I have said "I never sell"
    But yes, I have sold duplicates, where I purchased what I thought was close enough, and then found exactly right the next day. I also sold a Colt Police Positive where the trigger guard smacked my knuckle every time. Those are two out of a 100. I don't buy the latest greatest so I don't buy snap purchases.

I guess I do resemble the OP's description.

Top Bottom