• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    That is one of the most slanted, twisted articles I have ever read on gun control issues.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Twisted is right.

Right out of the gate:
    They had more in common than unleashing carnage — nearly every gunman in this monthlong series of mass killings was legally entitled to fire his weapons.

I think they mean "legally entitled to POSSESS his weapons". Since when have they licensed murder?????

Lt. Dan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Something needs to be done right away, it should be illegal to go around shooting innocent people. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of indisputable basic facts that are wrong in this article anyway, or at least spun in a very misleading way.

In New York City, gun permits are reissued every three years.
    This may be true, if you are fortunate enough to get a permit, but as far as I know, New York City is effectively a no-issue zone.

Yet, regulations differ only slightly between states, Chamberlain said. "They're fairly typical — don't be a felon, don't be a drunk, don't beat your kids or your wife. Don't be so mentally unbalanced that you need be in an institution."
    This is downright wrong...carry laws very quite widely in my opinion.

To Vogel, the answer to why atrocities happen in places such as Binghamton, and before that Washington state and Santa Clara, Calif., lies in sheer numbers.The number 280 million, to be precise, the estimated total of every gun in this country.

I guess they don't really have a plan for how banning the sale of guns is going to affect these weapons, nearly one gun for every person in the United States. Oh wait, I guess you can just make a law that prevents people from shooting them. Or take a page from the Hitler playbook and confiscate all of them :rolleyes:

"I think you're seeing a continuing change of culture," Vogel said. "I think the gun lobby wants to take away any stigma to gun ownership. I think they feel emboldened, like who's going to stop them?"
    This takes the cake...this is so dumb on so many levels I'm not even sure how to respond to this...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Twisted is right.

Right out of the gate:

I think they mean "legally entitled to POSSESS his weapons". Since when have they licensed murder?????

He wasn't "legally entitled to POSSESS his weapons"

Earlier that day, the ethnic Chinese immigrant from Vietnam mailed an envelope to a Syracuse television station. In it were his gun permit, photos of him smiling while hoisting shiny, big handguns, and his driver's license.

He wasn't in possession of his license at the time he was killing people. He had already turned it in to the television station.

Of course he wasn't driving legally either but no one wants to outlaw cars or immigrants.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Gun permits?

Everyone knows if you make something illegal it will put a halt to it. This is just what you should expect from MSNBC. I wonder how many people with gun permits did not kill anyone today. This reminds me of the hatred they show for SUVs. They always attack what they do not understand or perceive as a threat to their power. Someone needs to get the media to read beyond the first amendment and realize if one amendment can be abolished any or all may be.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Everyone knows if you make something illegal it will put a halt to it. This is just what you should expect from MSNBC. I wonder how many people with gun permits did not kill anyone today. This reminds me of the hatred they show for SUVs. They always attack what they do not understand or perceive as a threat to their power. Someone needs to get the media to read beyond the first amendment and realize if one amendment can be abolished any or all may be.

C'mon! making something illegal works! Making it MORE illegal works too!

Speeding is illegal, nobody speeds any more right?
    Pot is illegal, nobody spokes pot any more right?
    Underage drinking is illegal, nobody drinks underage any more right?
    The use of a gun in a crime is illegal, nobody uses guns in crimes any more, right?

Oh, wait, nevermind

:facepalm:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    C'mon! making something illegal works! Making it MORE illegal works too!

Speeding is illegal, nobody speeds any more right?
    Pot is illegal, nobody spokes pot any more right?
    Underage drinking is illegal, nobody drinks underage any more right?
    The use of a gun in a crime is illegal, nobody uses guns in crimes any more, right?

Oh, wait, nevermind

:facepalm:

...And yet the libtards and media seem to think that it does. Time and time again - expecting a different result than what it is - thus proving that they "media and libtards" are insane :D Its just an agenda - not about safety.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    There shouldn't be any stigma attached to gun ownership...the left seems to think that if you own a gun, you're stockpiling depleted uranium and fertilizer in a cabin out in the woods. They can't seem to wrap their heads around that fact that most gun owners look, act, and smell just like them. We just happen to vote differently, and prefer to work for a living. We're "radicals" to them...

Personally, I'm holding on to the theory that ACORN operatives are planting concealed weapons permits on the perpetrators of these "mass shootings" after the fact...where's my tin foil...!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Form the article...
    The National Rifle Association, the country's most powerful gun lobbying group, declined to comment this week on gun control laws. "Now is not the time to debate politics or discuss policy. It is time for families and communities to grieve and to heal," it said in a prepared statement.

BS NRA BS!!!
    Stop playing the "high road" or we are going to lose. The best defense is a good offense. We have to take the fight to the anti-gun groups. They blast us at every 15 media seconds they get. Yet we sit quietly to respect those that have died. We are in a freaking war with the LEFT and in WAR there is NO TIME to moarn the dead. You honor those that die by ensuring your side wins! They will be plenty of time to moarn once we have beat the LEFT.

It pisses me off that the NRA won't attack the LEFT at every turn they can get like they do to us. If you want to defeat that monster you must play by the rule of NO RULES!

:ranton:

off to bed...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    We were talking about gun control at work the other day. Of course, several were for it. I asked them how they planned on getting the guns out of criminals hands.

Silence.

I then pointed out that the only way to get illegal duns out of criminals hands would be to declare martial law and do a house to house sweep of every house, every family, every car, etc. And even then you STILL wouldn't get all of them. Of course, they thought this would be a violation of their rights because THEY are good citizens and don't have illegal guns.

I asked again. Then how do you propose to get illegal guns off the streets?

Again, silence.

Sums it up for me.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    From Ann Coulters colum this week:

So far, this year's public multiple shootings were committed by:

-- Richard Poplawski, 23, product of a broken family, expelled from high school and dishonorably discharged from the Marines, who killed three policemen in Pittsburgh.

-- Former crack addict Jiverly Wong, 41, who told co-workers "America sucks" yet somehow was not offered a job as a speechwriter for Barack Obama. Wong blockaded his victims in a civic center in Binghamton, N.Y., and shot as many people as he could, before killing himself.

-- Robert Stewart, 45, a three-time divorcee and high school dropout with "violent tendencies" -- according to one of his ex-wives -- who shot up the nursing home in Carthage, N.C., where his newly estranged wife worked.

-- Lovelle Mixon, 26, a paroled felon, struggling to get his life back on track by pimping, who shot four cops in Oakland, Calif. -- before eventually being shot himself.

-- Twenty-eight-year-old Michael McLendon, child of divorce, living with his mother and boycotting family funerals because he hated his relatives, who killed 10 of those relatives and their neighbors in Samson, Ala.

Read it here:

Welcome to AnnCoulter.com

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Seems to me of the 5 listed all had mental issues that would disqualify they from purchase or ownership of firearms in the first place.

Could anyone bring me up to speed on the laws concerning mental health issues and firearms.

Tigergixxer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Sheridan
    From what I understand, Wong, Stewart, and Mixon should have thrown a red flag in NICS if any of that was documented.

The same would apply to Poplawski and McLendon, but that would mean the information actually was recorded and passed along.

Top Bottom