• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I always thought that in the natural scheme of gun ownership there is a natural progression of how it works.
    First you get a .22 rifle....then a shotgun....then a .22 pistol then the sky is the limit. :dunno:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I always thought that in the natural scheme of gun ownership there is a natural progression of how it works.
    First you get a .22 rifle....then a shotgun....then a .22 pistol then the sky is the limit. :dunno:
    I did have a daisy BB gun as a boy, but as far as firearms are concerned I started with a .45 ACP I'm getting older and it dawned on me that I may not strike fear in the hearts of bad guys the way I used to. The .45 might change that a bit, I think!

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Let's see... I bought a .36 Navy Revolver, then a S&W Model 19, then a Astra 9 mm, then a 870 12 ga. Is that close?

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I did have a daisy BB gun as a boy, but as far as firearms are concerned I started with a .45 ACP I'm getting older and I dawned on me that I may not strike fear in the hearts of bad guys the way I used to. The .45 might change that a bit, I think!
    The neighborhood bullies stopped being afraid of the BB Gun?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    The neighborhood bullies stopped being afraid of the BB Gun?
    There was a line in the original "Walking Tall" Bufford walks in with his big stick and the old man behind the counter looks over at the shot gun, in the corner " Mr you got one shot,and your hands are shaking. If I get a hand on you, it's all over!"
    I used to be the sort of guy who could sell a line like that, but like I said, I'm not as young as I used to be.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I still have the Model 19, the .36 Navy and the Astra were stolen from my father when I was stationed overseas. A friend of my brothers wanted a $100 worth of pot.:xmad: I have had .22s off and on over the years. I learned to shoot with both a .22 pistol and rifle, when I was four. I'm looking for a good .22 squirrel gun, now. My safe has .357s, 9s, 45s, 30-06, 308, .50, 12 ga, but no .22s. I will remedy that soon.:D

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    High Point

Code:
    There was a line in the original "Walking Tall" Bufford walks in with his big stick and the old man behind the counter looks over at the shot gun, in the corner " Mr you got one shot,and your hands are shaking. If I get a hand on you, it's all over!"
    I used to be the sort of guy who could sell a line like that, but like I said, I'm not as young as I used to be.
    Do you carry the High Point?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I still have the first rifle I have ever fired, a Marlin Anniversary model (1970) 80 .22 bolt action. It still has the original scope, gold trigger and gold emblem in the stock. Despite the shooting done with it, it still does not have even a scratch, blemish nor discoloration. Looks like it came out of the box. I remember taking the utmost care for that gun, with the intention of having the same feeling my father did when I shot it when my son/daughter shoots it.

Then, I moved up to .38 (old military 130gr ball at that!). Then .44 Mangle-um.

Guess that counts! :D

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I really started out slowly. I started out shooting spitwads through a straw, then moved up to home made slingshots, then to store bought slingshots, then to a BB gun and then to the .22. Yea, I love traditions.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    My First Real Gun

I still have the first rifle I have ever fired, a Marlin Anniversary model (1970) 80 .22 bolt action. It still has the original scope, gold trigger and gold emblem in the stock. Despite the shooting done with it, it still does not have even a scratch, blemish nor discoloration. Looks like it came out of the box. I remember taking the utmost care for that gun, with the intention of having the same feeling my father did when I shot it when my son/daughter shoots it.

Then, I moved up to .38 (old military 130gr ball at that!). Then .44 Mangle-um.

Guess that counts! :D
    Code:
    My first real gun was a Noble .22 single shot. I made money mowing lawns when I was 12 and saved for it. I was lucky enough to have a place to shoot it. My grandmother had 97 acres in Three Rivers Mich.
    She had 17 acres of lake front alone. During the summer we would be there every weekend and spend every vacation there.
    that gun was shot more than all the guns I own put together.
    To me at the time it seemed like a 458 Win Mag.
    I still have the gun, it is still in good shape.:rockwoot:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    There was something else I forgot to mention. In the late 80's my great uncle had to go to a nursing home and he told my dad he wanted him to have the few guns he had.One of the guns he had was a brand new Noble .22 single shot rifle new in the box and my dad gave it to me....so actually I have 2 now.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Dang I send the whole tradition off kilter. My first gun was a Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag. Then I worked my way down. Guess I'm not a traditionalist.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom