• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    If anyone is interested, there's a new gun shop on US 30 about 5 miles west of Plymouth. He opened a few weeks ago and I finally had a chance to stop in today. Small shop with a fair selection of everything. Seems like a nice guy to deal with. Owner's name is Ross Devine. Looks like an old west saloon. There were some lever actions on one wall across from AR's and M1's. They are right next to the Truck Stop in Grovertown (Hamlet) He told me his website was a work in progress. theguntown.com. Looks like he's still stocking inventory and getting his computers set up for inventory tracking. I hope he's successful. He's just up the road from me.

farmer2001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    North Liberty
    Im 15 minutes away from that. I will definatly be going there tommorow to check his place out!. There are no gun shop in this area it seems. This is great news!

farmer2001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    North Liberty
    I enjoyed my visit to this new establishment and I look forward to doing more business there in the future. And they also had just what I was looking for in the gun case and its got my name all over it!!!

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    does he have Sunday hours? I usually am only in the Plymouth area on Sundays and would like to check this out

I'm pretty sure he's closed on Sunday.

He's website is still under constuction. I'm hoping he gets it up and running soon. I do some web design, maybe I'll volunteer to assist. I'll work for ammo. :D

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Stopped in there yesterday to check the place out. Though lacking selection the inventory was "interesting". Prices were generally higher than Midwest on most long guns and much higher than the Walmart and Big R just down the road.

I was a little surprized when he quoted me a price to order a rifle. Quoted price was over $200 higher than Midwest's starting price on the same rifle.

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    :yesway: i have been in the shop and bought several items and they will deal off of sticker price i found the deals i got very reasonable their ammo might be a little higher than wal mart or big r but when you figure in driving 30 or 40 miles to them and gas at 4.00 a gallon it is equal plus when you ask a question ross and crew can give you an answer jmo

semper fi :patriot: :ingo:

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I got a great deal on a 1911 from the guy and I checked prices everywhere including MGE. It also helps his shop is a mile from my house. Dont forget to support local business. Screw Wally World. Besides, their selection of handguns is quite limited.

Last edited:

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Especially since the owner of this LGS told me the manufacturer's have to stamp "Walmart, inc." on the barrels of the guns they ship to wally world.

I was at MGE, MGR, Granger Guns and Guntown today. Spent my money at Guntown. Got a new Sig 1911 and couldn't be happier. If he really did say this (which I doubt), I'm sure he was joking.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    If he really did say this (which I doubt), I'm sure he was joking.

Do you know me? Then please don't call me a liar! My responses are based on my impressions of this LGS after my initial visit and what we were told face-to-face.

The gun in question was a .22 mag Henry golden boy. The "stamping" remark from the owner at Guntown was made in response to our questioning why walmart can sell their Henry's much cheaper. He informed us that the henry's sold to walmart are made specifically for walmart and the stamping is there to distinguish the fact.

Top Bottom