• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yes, a shooting that does not hit anyone (thank goodness) is a shooting. Shooting: to cause a gun to fire.
    Yeah, that was unnecessarily snarky. Went back to edit but it was too late. My apologies, Kirk.

Just what Colorado needs, a goober that does not check his weapons.

Just what anyplace needs. :rolleyes: Too many goobers in the world.

Yet another reason that I prefer to deal with revolvers. They're either loaded or unloaded.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Guns discharged when dropped all the time. Just ask Steve Malloy. Be advised.
    Oh, I know that can happen when dropped. There was the little girl in Goshen that was killed when her father dropped his pistol a year or two ago. When I hear bumped, I have a whole different mental picture than that...

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - No one was injured when a gun accidentally fired during the Colorado Springs Gun show Saturday...Police said a vendor was setting up his products when the shot was accidentally fired into the floor....The vendor told police that the shot went off when the back of the gun was bumped..."

No mention of dropping the gun. If it was pointed at the floor...and the back of the gun was bumped...it sure sounds like a fingers were involved. Just saying.

"The condom broke"..."it went off when I was cleaning it"...excuses are like aholes, everybody has one. And they all stink. I can't remember one of these stories, ever, where the person admitted, "Yep, I had my booger picker on the Bang Switch - I'm a dummy."

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We have a lot in common with the vendor involved. We all have guns and we all think we are the safest gun handler in the world.

"The vendor was charged with prohibited use of a weapon and was asked to leave the property by event organizers." Ya' think?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Lucky there were no media or libs at the Kokomo gun show on a Sunday a few months ago. A friend, my son and I were at the show, stepped out to have a smoke in my van and rest (my body is getting old). While chatting we heard a gunshot quite close. Looked around and a man a couple of rows over had his car door open and it appeared he was inspecting the floor of the passenger side. He spent a few minutes looking there, then looked over the lower outside of his door and car body. I am certain he had a NG and was looking for damage. To his credit (I guess) he did look at the adjacent vehicle. Apparently satisfied he had no major damage he hastily left the lot. Didn't see what he was carrying and we didn't want to cause any red flags to be flown so kept quiet - did have a few laughs!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    It is my assumption from reading the article that the vendor was intending to sell a defective gun at the show.

You saw that also in the article and didn't clear the firearm, only removed the magazine. He should be banned from all gun shows.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    "COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - No one was injured when a gun accidentally fired during the Colorado Springs Gun show Saturday...Police said a vendor was setting up his products when the shot was accidentally fired into the floor....The vendor told police that the shot went off when the back of the gun was bumped..."

No mention of dropping the gun. If it was pointed at the floor...and the back of the gun was bumped...it sure sounds like a fingers were involved. Just saying.

"The condom broke"..."it went off when I was cleaning it"...excuses are like aholes, everybody has one. And they all stink. I can't remember one of these stories, ever, where the person admitted, "Yep, I had my booger picker on the Bang Switch - I'm a dummy."

+1 I'd put $100 on it the guy was touching the trigger.

C'mon Kirk give us a legitimate story where the bang switch wasn't involved.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    +1 I'd put $100 on it the guy was touching the trigger.

C'mon Kirk give us a legitimate story where the bang switch wasn't involved.

Yeah, i'm sure it was another one of those that just went off. The only ND's you hear about where it didn't just go off are when it's kids, when adults handle them they're always defective.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just gave ya one, but I guess you have to accept the news report as true (always dangerous I admit).

How about a bunch of them? Dropped Gun Inertia Discharge | Tactical Life

I'm not sure this is a vindication of anything, one an unknown small auto and again just the owners side of the story, a pre-transfer bar ruger blackhawk, a colt single action army story, and a colt 1903 story. All guns that are not drop safe so it can happen but unless it's a verified story i'll continue to be skeptical whenever this happens. Now at least I know who this Steve Malloy is, what in the world is a SWAT mag writer doing mexican carrying a 1903 Colt? Leave the old nostalgic guns in the safe.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, there's one more reason to avoid gun shows, LOL.

The first is the fact that the promoters and vendors 'preach 2A' 'demand Constitutional carry' yet blather that having attendees disarm or have their lawfully carried firearms 'peace-tied' is 'okay', and 'just a safety issue'. What a crock. Hypocrites, nothing more.

If I don't trust that attendee carrying his law-fully carried loaded firearm 'at the ready' at some dinky gun show, I sure as hell don't trust him carrying that same gun at the grocery story or shopping mall. Or, maybe there's some 'magic stupid juice' that attendees drink when they enter the gun show? :dunno:

Top Bottom