• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YogiRC51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I've got some time off coming up and I was thinking about visiting some of the more interesting gun shops. Which would you go to. I'd be starting in Indy. Maybe local shop, then some out of town shop. Thanks for the suggestions.

YogiRC51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Don's great suggestion. I'll make sure to put that one last on me list.

Shooter521 I'm coming to see you guy this weekend. I need some ammo and I'm looking for my first AR.

Keep the suggestions coming

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    Guns and Ordnance is a SMALL shop out by where i am. they have a bunch of neat guns in there for such a small place and its only about 30 min south west of indy. They are in Hall, Indiana if you want to look them up.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If you end up going north (like TheWabbit suggested) you could plan a loop around these.
    Indy Gun Safety
    His and Hers target sports in Sheridan
    BareArms in Noblesville (new store)

Where ever you go please post up your experience.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Greater south-side Indy shops:

Outdoorsman - Greenwood
    Elmore's - Greenwood
    Honey Creek Bait & Tackle - Bargersville
    Bradis - Camby
    Indy Trading Post - Indy
    Beech Grove Firearms - Beech Grove
    Wanamaker Guns - Wanamaker

There's also a shop in downtown Mooresville, but I can't think of the name, nor do I know exactly where it is. BUT, I've seen the billboard!

West:

Plainfield Shooters Supply - Plainfield
    Ft. Liberty Firearms - Avon
    West Side Pawn & Loan - Indy (10th & Alton)
    Premier Arms - Brownsburg

East:

Pop Guns - Indy (Post & Washington)
    KS&E Firearms - Indy (Pendleton Pike & Post-ish)

Think that's the extent of what I know...

-J-

YogiRC51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Those will make a great day or two trip around Indy. Is there any places in northern Indiana or southern Indiana? Those well keep gems that you save for a saturday road trip. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks again.

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    If you go north Nobelsville has a new shop Bare Arms next to the hond atv shop on 32. His Hers Target sports is a real nice shop on main street in sheridan. Just south of 47 on 421 is a feed store that sells guns good stuff (colt's ruger smith and others) I would go there last because you will feel better about yourself and the world when you leave this store

Moparracer89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    NWI
    Those will make a great day or two trip around Indy. Is there any places in northern Indiana or southern Indiana? Those well keep gems that you save for a saturday road trip. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks again.

If your looking for a roadtrip I suggest Blythes in Griffith or Valpo. Great guys to deal with.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If you are going on tour as in want to see the circus and you have never been, then Don's is a must, real freak show. Dont Feed the Animals!

If you are looking for interesting gun shops with good people and some knowledgeable conversations, I would suggest from Indy going outwards:

500 Guns (for used and maybe some unusual guns)

Indy Trading Post (Big Draw is great indoor Range)

Tactical Shotgunner (Good Knowledgeable People, Tons of Shotgun Accessories)

Plainfield Shooting Supplies (Good People, Interesting Conversations, Lowest Gun Prices)

Bradis (Overall Everything, Bradis II just behind building has good bulk ammo prices and many accessories)

Beech Grove Firearms (Good People, Good Selection of Guns, Great Conversations)

Monster Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Greensburg Gem......Guns & Tackle

If you want to see an array of formerly owned and out-of-production guns, often collector quality, then you owe it to yourself to stop in and visit with Marvin Cole at Guns & Tackle in Greensburg. The shop is next to the CVS on N Lincoln St (SR 3), and not too far from I 74. If you go there, remember that Marvin has more guns in the back and at another location than on display, so let him know what you are looking for. Marvin is partial to shotguns, but he also has a lot of pistols. He sells a little of everything, and the shop is small but jammed full of guns.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Go to Buds in Kentucky, there are several shops on your way down Costners in Bedford ask for Paul, he is really good to deal with and a little tiny one called Glen's just up the road. It's a great place just to go and jaw. Not much selection he does it because he can.

There is another little tiny one on US 150 before Louisville. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it. He is only open Wed through Sat. It's a little white building on the right hand-side of the road.

he had a good selection for a small store and he was fun to talk to.

Top Bottom