• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sport69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Portage, IN
    I was at a local shop the other day and they showed me a couple of Gen 4 Glock 23's which are now coming with ten round mags! I even looked at the label on the box and it said ten round mags. WTH? Is this really happening or did they just get Cali compliat Glocks?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Probably got guns destined for Restricted states. So many Glocks have been sold as of late that they probably order anything they can get.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    I would suspect that they ordered what was available and the California Compliant Glock was in stock.

Probably got guns destined for Restricted states. So many Glocks have been sold as of late that they probably order anything they can get.

This is what I suspect as well. I occasionally see the same thing, especially lately....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My step dad got a HECK of a deal on a G19 a few years ago at the 1500. No one wanted it because it was a "compliant" model that only had two 10-rd mags.

Think he paid $400 for a NIB 3rd Gen G19.

I bought him two standard mags for Christmas that year.

If you already have the mags - buy a compliant model if in stock. Perhaps not in today's climate, but they'd often sit on the shelf much longer than the shop owner would want.

-J-

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Lol, I have to laugh sometimes: when I worked in a shop around '08, we had a used G23, second gen, really nothing amazing about it. I think at the time is was a darn good deal at $360 after tax I think. No box, two 10 round magazines. Fella comes in to shop, want's a compact .40. "Well! I've got just the thing for you fella!" Walk him down to the G23, show it to him. He loved it. But, then grimaced at the magazines. Naw, what if I need more than 10? he muses, then puts the gun down on the counter, making to leave. I make mention, "well, we do have extra 13 round magazines and some 15 rounders for G22s that will fit in that gun and give you the capacity you want."

He turns, looks at me and says, "You don't know what you are talkin' about, you can't put them clips <yes, he said clips> in that gun" then walks out. I ended up buying the G23 myself at our discount and I STILL have that gun in my bedside table, 10 rounders and all.

Some people just don't get it...

Top Bottom