• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I'm looking at buying a real gun safe. Looking online Cabelas has pretty sweet sales right now on their Liberty safes, but with curbside delivery. I need it moved downstairs. I can carry the safe through the yard to the deck/back door with my tractor and from there it's a straight shot through the door and down the stairs to my basement.

But from the deck I have no way of getting it in and down the stairs. Looking at somewhere between 700-1100lbs safe. As for getting a couple guys together to bring it down, I don't think I know enough people to help and even then, moving that kind of mass down the stairs is a bit too much risk. When I built the staircase, I built it with full 16" on center bracing along both stringers for the purpose of getting a safe down so that's covered, it's just the actual moving of the safe down the stairs I can't do myself.

I have nowhere to put it upstairs, nor will I have a safe in the garage.

Are there any local NWI rental places that have "crawlers" for rent or anyone recommend a moving company that could get it down the stairs?

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I purchased a safe from Blythe's awhile ago. Delivered it and moved it to the second floor of my house. Some years later I finished the basement and paid them to come move it from teh 2nd floor to the basement. Very fast and professional service. If i ever get another safe or need to move the one I own now I'll be calling them.

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    Check Blythe's Sport Shop, they'll match or beat the price. 300.oo to deliver. They have a motorized lift, put it where ever you want, GREAT GUYS...I got a Liberty last year. 2,000.oo w/ delivery, had some paint on the front that wasn't right, they took off 300.oo for the defect!!!

Top Bottom