• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Howard Nemerov, the Austin Gun Rights Examiner, is looking for people to interview for a writing project. He can be reached via Facebook if you're interested. I don't qualify, as I don't meet his criteria as an interviewee.

I would like to interview people from all walks of life who, like me, used to believe that only the government should have guns, but had an enlightening experience which led to their conversion to pro-self-defense. You can help broaden our outreach effort across all social, religious, ethnic, etc. backgrounds to induce the politicians to leave our rights and freedoms alone. If you, a friend, or neighbor, fit this description, please contact me.

If you'd like to participate, but aren't a Facebooker, he can be reached via the Examiner site.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The one SHTF scenario for me that got me interested in personal protection occurred when I was living in IL. I grew up in a family where nobody owns guns, I don't know any family members other than one cousin who hunts, who own guns. Everyone in my family is right wing but anti gun. I was involved in an attempted carjacking in Lansing IL. I had a good amount of tools in my car as I had been to the junkyard earlier in the day, I also had all my clothes in my car since I was on my way home from the laundromat. I stopped at a carwash and as I was vacuuming my car I was approached by three males who demanded my keys. I didn't turn them over and was immediately attacked, they shoved my face into the roof of my car and I went down. I reached for my knife and managed to injure one in the face, another in the calf. I took several additional kicks and punches but managed to keep my keys. They left, wound up being arrested when they flagged down a cop for medical treatment but I ended up with two black eyes, bruised ribs and a broken nose. That was reason enough for me to abandon my ingrained anti-gun stance and I purchased a SNS in .22, soon after I left IL and moved in with my parents in IN, got a LTCH and have had one on my person since.

danmdevries seems to have been a converted anti-gun person. Maybe he'd like to be interviewed?

Top Bottom