• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Has anyone seen this yet... I find this pretty laughable. I wonder if some of the guns in the photos were black :runaway:

Gun Photos are "Offensive" at Walgreens
    Excerpt:
    Belleville, NJ --(AmmoLand.com)- One of our members wrote to us recently about trying to get firearms photos printed at a Walgreens Pharmacy in Belleville, NJ.

The NJCSD member and his brother are both gun collectors and active members of the community as a whole.

The brother recently took photos of his collection for insurance purposes, and emailed them to Walgreens to have them printed.

When the brother’s wife went to pick up the prints, she was told by the cashier that Walgreens did not print them because they were deemed “offensive”.

Our member’s brother returned to the store and spoke to the manager, who told him that he personally found the pictures offensive, and so did his staff. When the brother asked if it was Walgreens’ policy not to print pictures of guns, he refused to give a straight answer.

The member’s brother contacted Walgreens Main Office on Tuesday December 29th regarding the issue. We’ll be following the story.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I would have called the local CVS manager right there in front of the Walgreens manager to determine exactly who else that prints photos in town feels such pictures are 'offensive'.

I'm sure publicly taking all my business elsewhere would sting a little.
    I'd at least feel better though :D

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Don't stereotype. There's so called conservative folks that would do the same thing. Liberal does not equal anti-gun. We've got to get past labeling people.

In principle, I agree with you. Factually, however, presuming 1000 people who are anti-gun rights, I think if you were to name all of them "liberal", you'd get more agreeing to that than denying it. Oh, and just to clarify, I'm not referring to "Jeffersonian liberals". If I meant that, I'd say "libertarian". Again, however, I agree with you in principle; it matters not if one is a Donkey or a RINO ... many of both groups qualify as sheep (waiting to be shorn)

Blessings,
    Bill

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    1) I think the story is more "gun photos are 'offensive' in NEW JERSEY" :noway:

2) In this day and age, who still takes pictures with a film camera and sends them to Walgreens to be developed? :dunno:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

2) In this day and age, who still takes pictures with a film camera and sends them to Walgreens to be developed? :dunno:

Most drugstores and places will print out your digital pictures as well.

You can even email pics to Walmart around the country, have them printed out on site and pick them up there or have whomever you wanted to send them to pick them up.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

Actually we still have an old film camera with a 30mm lens and it runs like a champ. Although our pictures are developed at wally world.

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    The first thing I would have done is walk around that store and:

-Go to the magazine rack and note if there are any magazines with guns on the cover (Guns & Ammo, American Hunter, Soldier of Fortune etc) being sold.
    -Walk around to the toy isle and determine if there are any toys that have weapons (tanks, planes troops etc) being sold.

Then go back to that jack *** and ask him/her to explain how they can be offended by your gun pictures, but PROFIT from magazines and toys that GLORIFY those VERY weapons?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

From the article...
    ...and emailed them to Walgreens to have them printed.

As such the photos were digital in format. But I do understand your point. There are still people who drop off "rolls" of film to be developed. The entire population is not digital and Blue Ray yet. :D

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    ASctually a 35mm camera using film would not have encountered a problem. By the time they develop the film and printed the "offensive" pictures it would have been too late. What upsets me more is that their employees are looking at everbodies personal property and passing judgement instead of just cut and pasting like good little monkies.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    The first thing I would have done is walk around that store and:

-Go to the magazine rack and note if there are any magazines with guns on the cover (Guns & Ammo, American Hunter, Soldier of Fortune etc) being sold.
    -Walk around to the toy isle and determine if there are any toys that have weapons (tanks, planes troops etc) being sold.

Then go back to that jack *** and ask him/her to explain how they can be offended by your gun pictures, but PROFIT from magazines and toys that GLORIFY those VERY weapons?

:+1:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Don't stereotype. There's so called conservative folks that would do the same thing. Liberal does not equal anti-gun. We've got to get past labeling people.

Then that person isn't a conservative. If you are anti-gun, that is a liberal philosophical mindset. Labeling people is great, as it tells others what that person believes, thinks, etc.. The problem is that we use the wrong labels just because someone claims they are a member of a particular political party, or lean one way on some things, the other way on others.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Then that person isn't a conservative. If you are anti-gun, that is a liberal philosophical mindset. Labeling people is great, as it tells others what that person believes, thinks, etc.. The problem is that we use the wrong labels just because someone claims they are a member of a particular political party, or lean one way on some things, the other way on others.

Labels are a dangerous trap when the labels aren't useful. Conservative and liberal aren't useful labels because they automatically assume that the person automatically buys into the whole panoply of belief systems that the labeler is trying to ascribe. Time and time again it has been shown that the label "liberal" or "conservative" are virtually useless. Further, using "liberal" hurled at another in the pejorative only highlights the lack of erudition and refinement of the one who was trying to apply the sobriquet.

Top Bottom