• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyTech

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You mean like a ninja or something?
    :facepalm:

Actually I was thinking more like this: Call them ninjas if you want.

YouTube - PaladinPress's Channel

The day you can give me a reason to not advocate extreme caution and responsibility while going armed will be the day you and I agree.

Wait what? This doesn't sound like we're in disagreement. I consider using extreme caution and responsibility as being prepared to deal with a violent threat.

So basically because I would order someone to cease their attacks on someone else with visible threat of force that would be irresponsible?

Till then, I will go out of my way to avoid gunplay.

You can always and easily escalate. Once the whoop-ass is out of the can, it doesn't go back in.

1. Unholstering a firearm =/= gunplay, unholstering =/= pointing. There are no brandishing laws in IN.
    2. The whoop ass is already out of the can if this guy is actively pounding on a defenseless victim and myself and others think the victims life is in jeopardy. I'm not the one opening the can, I'm putting the cap back on.

What lengths would you go to prevent the following... ask yourself this.

What if they were YOUR loved ones?

Tampa+Domestic+Violence.jpg

images

images

images

images

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You can play the "what-if" game all day long... It doesn't pass for a good argument. No. I would not pull a gun to stop a bruise. Not whipping out my gun like some kind of loose cannon doesn't mean that I would have it in reserve if I needed it. It's always in reserve- and it's always the last option (for me.)

I personally believe that guns are a last resort. If that doesn't sit well with you... not my problem. :dunno:

IndyTech

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You can play the "what-if" game all day long... It doesn't pass for a good argument. No. I would not pull a gun to stop a bruise. Not whipping out my gun like some kind of loose cannon doesn't mean that I would have it in reserve if I needed it. It's always in reserve- and it's always the last option (for me.)

I personally believe that guns are a last resort. If that doesn't sit well with you... not my problem. :dunno:

Newsflash, all training courses are "what if games".

You don't have to "whip out your gun like a loose cannon" to unholster your weapon and approach a violent crime in progress.

I'm glad that you've reached such a high level of proficiency with your presentation and retention technique without any of the training you deem unnecessary. (Remember, you don't like playing what if games also known as training).

My original statement stands, criminals rely on people who are less than prepared or totally unprepared to deal with them effectively.

Best of luck to you, I hope you never need to defend yourself or anyone else for that matter. Sleep tight knowing that your firearm is always "in reserve".

When it comes to a force on force situation, I may have a knife, asp OC or tazer available to use. I don't think I need to exhaust all of these resources before unholstering my firearm.

By the way, keep dropping the neg reps on me if it makes you feel any better about yourself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom