• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    In the short time I've been on this site (roughly 3 months or so) I've noticed that if it weren't for repeat threads, there would be an awful lot of "stale" here.

That's not a knock on INGO, but there's only so much to talk about.

There's also the possibility the answers in threads he might have already searched didn't cut it and he is looking for different responses...

Or the older threads are outdated...

Or for those of us who haven't really THOUGHT about searching the threads for a gun belt but appreciate the new thread regarding it...

Or any other reason that you are unaware of...

The jist is that mentioning "search" to a newbie with a post count of 7 is one thing, but to mention it to someone who has been on the site for a little while with a significant post count (as the OP has) signals a lack of patience on your part, thus you offered nothing to this thread whatsoever.

In the time it took you to dig up that "search" picture and type your response, you probably could have given the OP some valuable info he could use.

End thread jack..

I'd like to know what others recommend as well, as there are new members here since the last 'gun belt' thread who might be able to offer some advice (another good reason for starting a new thread, by the way).
    Don't worry, I didn't have to dig too hard for the "search" picture. It's at the top of every page. Instead of starting a whole new thread, he could have just bumped the old one for some new input and for the newbs to study.

In the time it took you to type up that long response, you probably could have given the OP some valuable info he could have used too.

As far as belts go, you won't find one finer than those from The Beltman. I've worn one daily for two years and it's still in great shape. (I'm pretty sure I said something of that nature in the old thread.)

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Don't worry, I didn't have to dig too hard for the "search" picture. It's at the top of every page. Instead of starting a whole new thread, he could have just bumped the old one for some new input and for the newbs to study.

In the time it took you to type up that long response, you probably could have given the OP some valuable info he could have used too.

As far as belts go, you won't find one finer than those from The Beltman. I've worn one daily for two years and it's still in great shape. (I'm pretty sure I said something of that nature in the old thread.)

Then he'd have gotten flamed for digging up an old thread, as has happened here before... :rolleyes:

As for my long post and no valuable info, maybe you'll notice after READING my post (which you also quoted) that I had no info to benefit him; I specifically said "I'd like to know what others recommend as well"

Sorry you didn't like my response to you, notasccrmom, but it gets old clicking on a thread and the first response after the OP is "try search" or something of that nature. It's an internet forum where people come to chat. No one should get flamed for starting a thread about something that has been discussed. Again, if we didn't have new threads on old subjects, forums (not just INGO) would get really boring, really quick (see OC/CC debates. Glock vs. XD, etc.)

Thanks to everyone for their input. I've found a few belts I've liked, just gotta narrow it down. Hopefully the OP got the info he needed, too!

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    so do you guys want vanilla ice cream or vanilla ice cream.

+1 for vanilla ice cream. None better.

But hey maybe there are others just as good or less expensive. More colors or shorter wait times.

Maybe like all the guys that parrot or +1 that alessi makes the best (fill in the blank) dont know he died. People start new businesses and try to fill the gaps in the market. So really why snip, argue and gripe like the lunch monitors in grade school.

Have fun guys thanks for the input.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    Currently 3 weeks in on waiting for my Beltman belt. Can't wait for it, carrying the G23 in a supertuck around the house with a regular belt just isn't working for me.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a 1.5" (1" in front) Comp-Tac belt. It seems to be wearing nicely & has the Kydex stiffener in it. It supports my XDm in an MTAC holster just fine.

Top Bottom