• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99zhuggerz99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    been using a normal belt to CC, gonna need something a little better real soon. I have one belt, it gets worn everyday to work and then switched to jeans (or others). I don't want different belts for different occasions. need a universal, do-all gun/wear belt. Just interested in ideas of what you all may have or have heard good about.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I use a belt from The Belt Man. I wanted a belt that wasn't "hand-tooled leather for that rugged cowboy" or a "tactical web sling" belt because I work in an office and I wear slacks. The trouble is that it's tough to find a good gun belt that isn't either of those. So far I've been pretty satisfied with my purchase.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    About 2 yrs. ago SportsmanGuide had mil-style web-belts in khaki, brown, black, or blue. I bought the 4-pack. They are also zippered money-belts, for about ½ of their length. They have the cam-roller adjustment, and I like the sound that t makes when it is loosened -- takes me back to Eye-Core! These belts are my first BOB out of the box. The rearmost part can take a "CIA" letter-opener, and $20-s always work in a pinch. I carry a IWB G-30, and on occasion a P345Ruger. These web-belts never show a strain. And they are very anonymous. All my pants except Levis have pleats. They can disguise a lot mot than a paunch. Pat

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm using a kydex reinforced belt from Comp-Tac that I got for the $50 clearance (all but 30" are gone now).

The full priced belts are $80 + shipping.
    Gun Belts & Apparel - products new home - Kydex Reinforced Contour Belts

It's held up for 4 or 5 months so far. I would recommend not getting a tapered belt, as I can see that being a probable failure point, but it supports everything quite well, considering my rotundness.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I agree with the products from The Beltman. The 1.5 inch belt is heavy and looks nice. I wear the belt even when not carrying.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I bought one of Cabela's double think leather belts and its ok, holds up my CC guns with no problem and will probably last for a long time. BUT the buckle on the second day that I was using it, the snaps that hold the leather holding the buckle on 1 broke. I couldn't use the belt until I had the belt end sewn shut to hold the buckle on. Works fine now but I don't recommend them to any one due to the cheap snaps.

My next one will more than likely come frome the Beltman.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have been using a Wilderness Tactical instructors belt for a while now, and really like it. Very well built, and American made.

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

Do you have the 3-stitch, 5-stitch or polymer-lined model? I have been looking at those, but didn't know how stiff they were. I would think the polymer would make it too stiff on a web belt like these.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    5.11 tactical web belt here. Like it lots and love the belt slide (rated). Use it everyday and throw a holster on it when I need. Stiff and adjusts well. Ordered from US Cavalry down there near Ft. Knox.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Mines a 5 stitch, non-lined. It's very comfortable for normal use as well.

Do you have the 3-stitch, 5-stitch or polymer-lined model? I have been looking at those, but didn't know how stiff they were. I would think the polymer would make it too stiff on a web belt like these.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I bought one of Cabela's double think leather belts and its ok, holds up my CC guns with no problem and will probably last for a long time. BUT the buckle on the second day that I was using it, the snaps that hold the leather holding the buckle on 1 broke. I couldn't use the belt until I had the belt end sewn shut to hold the buckle on. Works fine now but I don't recommend them to any one due to the cheap snaps.

My next one will more than likely come frome the Beltman.

I have one as well, and mine's great. Never messed with the snaps, but it cost <$30. For the difference, I can add my own Chicago screws if I need to.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I always +1 Beltman when this question is asked. I have used one for everyday wear for about a year. The price is high but I believe matches the quality. The belt has held paddle and belt holsters high and tight for me.

I do recommend the tapered front especially if you have some done-lap. This was recommended by an INGO member when I first joined and i agree with this recommendation.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have a standard double stitched cowhide from Rafter S Gunleather. The belt is made very well, but I wouldn't recommend them as it took almost 5x longer for me to get my belt than was originally told. Their customer service is horrible, you have to send about 5 e-mails to get one response once your order has been placed.

Top Bottom