• HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I ran across this while trolling in another thread:

YouTube - National Guard Confiscating Guns in New Orleans

Now, I understand that the Gov of LA and Mayor of NO f'd up big time by authorizing police to disarm citizens.

BUT HOW IN THE HELL can any officer in the National Guard, who is sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution, actually order his men to disarm citizens??

How is it NONE of these officers/NCO's/soldiers refused to obey this order?

Does anyone know there is information on whether anyone got punished over this?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Im not a soldier, I've never been one, so my opinion on this may be like chaff in the wind to some.

I feel though, that as a soldier WHO SWEARS AN OATH TO THE CONSTITUTION, you should disobey any order that harms, hurts, kills, or tramples the liberties of your fellow Americans, unless your life is being threatened.

Those citizens in the homes were being disarmed why?

To evacuate them to higher ground?

NO

To provide them with medical care?

NO

To help them from the rising flood waters?

NO

Simply to trample the rights of being a "free" American.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I feel though, that as a soldier WHO SWEARS AN OATH TO THE CONSTITUTION, you should disobey any order that harms, hurts, kills, or tramples the liberties of your fellow Americans, unless your life is being threatened.

:+1: and rep'd

I watched this video and was SICK that anyone in the Guard would take part.

I was FURIOUS over the NOPD pulling this ****, but to have SOLDIERS doing it... :xmad:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    A soldier has the responsibility to disobey an ILLEGAL order. Soldiers, however, are not expected to be attorneys. For instance, being ordered to torture someone, or shoot an unarmed person under your control are obviously illegal orders. Confiscating weapons during an emergency? Yes, the leadership should be punished, but I think it's too much to ask an individual soldier to refuse that order. I don't think they would have won that court martial.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It's coming my friends. B Hussein Obama stated before the elections that there were parts of the constitution that HE didn't like and would fight to change them. If he appoints a couple left wing justices to the supreme court this country as we know it is doomed. Be prepared.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've been a tennis coach and a pretty serious player. I can watch a tennis match on TV, and at a certain moment in a point, I can tell you who's going to lose the point. There may be three or four shots left in the point, and to an untrained eye the point is still going on. But I know it was lost at a certain moment.

I hate to say this, but I think we've already lost. I think that moment came long before this election, it's just that now everyone is starting to notice. Every time we abandoned principle for pragmatism, we lost a little. Every time we abandoned a larger principle because a pet issue of ours was advanced, we lost a little. When we passed laws about which drugs were government approved (alcohol) and which were not (pot, cocaine) we lost a little. When we passed labor laws that forgot that their would be no jobs unless some guy one day created a company that never existed before, and treated the people he hired as if they had the same stake in the company as he, we lost. When we let prosecutors run wild because they didn't mess with us law-abiding folks, only with the scumbags, we lost. Guess what? To Obama and his like, WE'RE the scumbags now. We've already lost.

Too late to change the system from within, too early to shoot the bastards.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Won't happen on my watch with my Company. What would they do if I refused? Send me to the sandbox again, or to Leavenworth for 3 squares a day, or maybe someone would have pulled their heads out of their fourth point of contact, and rescind the order. The officers that followed that order should, IMO, be drummed out of the service for failure to uphold their Oaths as Officers.

Just my :twocents:.

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    After reading the original post and watching the attached video, I found another video that related to the first. Selected this video from the small boxes that appear once the feature video has played.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJO...izens.html#post257714&feature=player_embedded

The 70 year old lady who refused to hand over her handgun because she had no electricty or phone service, and the actions that took place to comfinscate her revolver. Sad to see.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    While I don't recall something like this being authorized by the Indiana code, there is a section that allows a local unit to restrict the sale of firearms during an emergency. but it can't last more than 72 hours. Someone, please chime in here and correct me if I am wrong.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    To date in my research of Katrina on getting prepared Ihave not come across any articles about ANYONE other being charged for disarming people. The city of NO was sued and the NRA did win but criminal charges nope.

As for what the solider's did. The mil got rid of all their "free" thinking officersback in the late 80s/early 90s. They deemed them not mil worthly (aka would not follow orders to the letter) so now we have a mil where the majority would be willing to follow orders without question.

Google "military training in US" and you will notice that since last year there is a standing mil army unit ready to be deployed WITHIN the USA. The cover is to help areas during an emergency but they train in a facility that simulated taking over a city (aka marshall law) and with tactics that are in use for ruban warfare.

Put your tin foil hands on boys & girls the BONWO is coming...

SaltyPup11b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    As a soldier I understand an order is an order. As a gun loving american, take it from my cold dead hands. Anyone read the turner diaries or what?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was in the Guard for awhile and my first sergeant said he would not follow the order if given as it was an unlawful order. If this were ever done on a national scale, I would bet that at least half of the leo and guard would follow it. If it were to happen, 90% of the people would turn them over just like they did in NO.

But why do we need the Guard and LEO's to do it? I was told by a member on here that I shouldn't be allowed to touch a gun, let alone own one based on a back and forth in a thread.

I would like to start a thread on here with a poll. The question would be something like this. If there were ever a national gun ban and an order for total confiscation, would you want your FFL dealer handing over his records so the government can come find you and your weapons? I'm considered a nut job because I wouldn't want a dealer to hand them over. I don't know how to set the poll up.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    As a soldier I understand an order is an order. As a gun loving american, take it from my cold dead hands. Anyone read the turner diaries or what?
    You also have to understand what makes an order valid. That oath we took was to defend the constitution, and we defend it by upholding it. As a senior NCO, I have to train soldiers of not only legal ramifications of orders, but also morals and ethics. Basically, if they find themselves in a situation that their basic principals were violated, it is probably wrong. If more soldiers were taught these, we probably would not have had Abu Ghraib, or SF Psyops burning taliban bodies "to instill fear".

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I do not know all of the details, however I recall hearing about an old law that was on the book in NO that allowed the disarment. Unconstitutional, sad, but very possibly true.

Top Bottom