• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I had one. Too many "upgrades" to get them to run right and be reliable. I sold mine and bought a Tactical Solutions AR-22 upper and built a dedicated .22lr rifle.

If you can get it to run right, and not have the extractor come loose, they are a fun little plinker.

Remember-they are built on a airsoft gun frame, with a bolt, barrel and FCG put in it.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have had problems with an assortment of ammo not feeding correctly, and have been meaning to get it looked at. I heard the same thing that Dog1 said before I got mine, that they needed too much work to run reliably. I should have listened

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have had problems with an assortment of ammo not feeding correctly, and have been meaning to get it looked at. I heard the same thing that Dog1 said before I got mine, that they needed too much work to run reliably. I should have listened
    No flame intended, but I must have gotten a bad one because I have not had any problems in over several thousand rounds fired so far. Have only used CCI Blazer and Federal Bulk Red box so maybe I got lucky and found ammo that mine likes.

And yes, there have been a few threads discussing the GSG-5 in the past. I tried the search myself and must not be doing it right because not all threads showed up, and I know better because I posted in some that did not show up in the search.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    There are a few recent threads about the GSG5, but the search sucks.

I have had mine since release. It has been back to ATI twice for necessary repairs - all warranty work (extractor, firing pin, barrel, and they replaced all of my magazines) but I also shot over 20,000 rds before it acted up. It is one of the most fun rifles I own, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have probably put over 100,000 rds downrange from it.

The best part? You can shoot all day long on $15.00

Don't listen to the naysayers. I would take up for it any day. It'll shoot Federal Bulk Pack like it's going out of style, and Remington Bulk Packs work too.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

I read all of the posts too, but mine came in a trade deal. I thought it would be fun, and it was when running right, but too many "upgrades" to make stay running right.

Now my Tactical Solutions AR-22 upper...it runs like a Swiss watch...even with the Remington bulk that they don't recommend.

I have 25K of 22 sitting in the safe room, with 2 kids I'll need it all..:D

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Ive had a couple issues with mine, I have dont a couple mods lately to keep her running smooth. If you are looking to get one Id wait till the new ones come out. They are suppose to be made better!

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    I had a GSG-5PK and it was alright, It looked like a toy gun in my opinion, and I had a few jams, and as printcraft said the new GSG-5 have a semi-hollow can and I have heard that the ATF are seizing them from shops over the fake can because I guess the 1st versions were solid then they changed the run without telling the ATF! never a good thing!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had a GSG-5PK and it was alright, It looked like a toy gun in my opinion, and I had a few jams, and as printcraft said the new GSG-5 have a semi-hollow can and I have heard that the ATF are seizing them from shops over the fake can because I guess the 1st versions were solid then they changed the run without telling the ATF! never a good thing!

That's only partially true. Here's a thread with much more accurate info direct from the source:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ling_ati_gsg-5_s_from_dealers.html#post855233

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    They are no longer being imported. H&K, filed a lawsuit against them. Last one I saw went for over $700. Not to steal the thread, but if you want a high cap .22 look at the Kel-Tec SU-22.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The next run, being H&K approved should hit the shores next month. The changes are really minor, but the biggest and best is the installation of a rail on the top. No more trying to adapt a stupid H&K mount.

The new version will be called the GSG-522.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom