Greetings from methville! (errr...Anderson)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Greets people!

I'm a newbie to this forum but not so much to firearms (Although I don't own one...yet)

Anybody have a suggestion for a First Time buyer 1911?

:ingo:

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    :welcome:

Thanks for stating your city- "methville" doesn't narrow it down in Indiana:D

As to the 1911, yes, get an M&P:laugh:

Just playin- welcome!
    I suppose you're right, ha!

I've looked at the M&P's, I can't say I really like them from a looks stand point, But I hear good things about them quite often.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Welcome to Ingo. I love my M&P .45. The sight picture is consistent and intuitive. My wife who had never fired a pistol was able to hit everything she aimed at quickly the first time she fired.

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    My budget is $750-1200. I want a quality, no bells and whistles .45 for Range and "Tactical/Defensive" Classes, Occasional CC when i'm out and about. I work in security so something with a smaller concealable version may be nice too.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    My budget is $750-1200. I want a quality, no bells and whistles .45 for Range and "Tactical/Defensive" Classes, Occasional CC when i'm out and about. I work in security so something with a smaller concealable version may be nice too.

:welcome: to :ingo:, S&W, 1911, are around $1000.00 and up, good quality firearm..... :yesway:

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI

Hello and welcome. For your price range, I'm a huge SA fan, so I put a couple links here. The mil-spec is a fantastic value and they come up used for the 600 range on here every so often. At that point you have money left over for that expensive 45 cartridge. Honestly if it's your first gun, I might recommend getting a GI. That way you get to spend some time with one and figure out what you want one your next.

Springfield GI 5IN 45PK PKG - Impact Guns
    Springfield 1911 Milspec 5" 45ACP SS W/Holster - Impact Guns
    Springfield Armory Loaded 1911-A1 , Parkerized, Service Trophy 45 ACP w/Tritium Night Sights - Impact Guns
    Springfield Range Officer 1911 45ACP 5" - Impact Guns

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom