Greetings from Brazil IN, thanks for the invitation to "ObiJohn"...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zech.browning

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Brazil, Indiana (Nea
    Hello everyone, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to communicate to weapon enthusiats throughout out great state. I have been teaching the Fundamentals of Marksmanship since 1995, and have served in the capacity as a Chief PMI for Camp Lejeune NC (USMC) for three years. I have quite literally taught and coached over 15,000 shooters in a classroom setting, snap in circle, and live fire ranges over the years and have picked up a few tricks of the trade, of which I will gladly offer to anyone who has a desire to learn.

I am not a munitions expert, nor can I tell you the specifice of this or that barrel, or how many grains of this or that makes a cherry pie.

I am here to help those who are not accurate shooter. Sure, you could spend thousands on red dots, scopes, custom hand guards, etc...in hopes of becoming a better marksman, and that is great if you do. I wish I had the money to do so; however, you should buy those because you want them, not because you need them.

If you need to purchase all of that fancy equipment to fire true, than I am here to help you.

Here is a bit of fat to chew on: When firing with iron sights...what do you look at when you shoot? Where should your focus be? If anyone reads this, and wishes to answer, feel free. This could be a chance for us to converse...

I hope I am posting this in the right location, if I did not than I apologize to the administrators and other members in advance...

Respectfully,

Zech

p.s. If you said you look at the target when you're shooting with iron sights...you're probably missing quite a bit...and when you extend the distance between your muzzle and the target... I bet that the salt and pepper pattern you are creating with your projectile holes gets wider and more spread out doesn't it?? If you said yes to this, than feel free to shoot me a message...I can also be reached at zech.browning@yahoo.com. Make sure you say who you are in the subject of the email so I know you're not a spammer...

zech.browning

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Brazil, Indiana (Nea
    John, Thank you for the invitation as well as the warm welcome sir. I am not the greatest with working in a threaded environment; therefore, hope to respond to any replies in a timely manner. This is a much larger community that I had originally anticipated, and I have a feeling that there are members that I have met or know within the National Guard community....

Have a great day John!!

Respectfully,

Zech

zech.browning

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Brazil, Indiana (Nea
    Randy and Spasmo, thank you both very much for your warm welcome. I appreciate it, and I hope that I have the opportunity to reach out to shooters in need of help, and also hope to learn more about the fundamentals as well.

Thank you once again...

Respectfully,

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Zech,

First, thank you for your service!
    Second, welcome to INGO!
    Third, if you want to continue to teach large numbers Americans to shoot accurately, take a look at the Appleseed program. Links are in my sig line, we're doing 15 to 20 weekend clinics in Indiana this year, more than 300 nationwide, so probably somewhere north of 10,000 folks learning how to shoot accurately and learning a little bit about thier common history.

We'll be close to your home base with shoots in Cloverdale and Terre Haute(Riley) in April.

Hawkhavn

zech.browning

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Brazil, Indiana (Nea
    To all of you who have replied...

I first apologize for my untimely late replies to your warm welcomes. Thank you all for doing so.

I am learning how the forum works, how to post and reply, and how to view personal messages.

I would like to reply to each of you individually; however, I am unsure how to accomplish this. I will just have to offer one message to do so, at least for now.

And yes, "welcome to the front sight ;)"

Respectfully,

Zech

zech.browning

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Brazil, Indiana (Nea
    Hawkhavn,

I will check the information out. I love to offer knowledge to those who want it. Teaching the fundamentals has always been a passion that I have had, and will always have. Knowledge is only powerful when it is applied, and knowledge not passed is useless.

Respectfully,

Zech

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Zech,

Please do, any questions, sing out.
    We have several RWVA instructors here on board INGO and more than a few memebers have made it to shoots.

Hawkhavn

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Sorry I missed this when you first posted a couple of days ago! Welcome to the site! :D

As Esrice mentioned, please feel free to start discussions like this in the Tactics & Training forum. You're more than welcome to branch out of this thread. Just think of the home page like a Table of Contents. Here, we say hello and welcome you to the site. In the other forums, you're just participating in conversations in different rooms of the house. :)

So glad to have you here! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom