Green Latern bats for the other team now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh well. Since I learned way back that Rock Hudson was gay seems little can surprise me, now John Travolta. I bet you anything Nicholas Cage is homosexual and I GUARANTEE that Kenny Chesney is very very gay.
    No more real "Macho" superheros I guess.

Leave Chesney out of this! I do not want to second guess the meaning of "Boys of Fall."

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are many "macho" gay men.

They display no indication of what their sexuality is, and are not afraid of anything and will kick ass when necessary.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    30 years ago "Gay" meant happy. I was trying to make a joke. A English friend of mine would say "Can I have a fag?" whenever she would see me getting a cigarette from my pack. "Fag" used to mean cigarette.

It was a weak attempt at humour showing how language evolves and words mean different things at different times in history.

Comic books are a reflection of society so I fully expect somewhere between 2-3 % of Superheroes will now be gay, transgendered, bisexual, or a combo of all above. It's only fair in an Orwellian Society. We wouldn't want anyone to feel unrepresented. It is my hope and prayers that one day Christians will be given the same latitude and representation in the comic book world but alas...That is only wishful thinking for now...but by the "mirror of society" logic that mrjarrell adheres to I fully expect his support of the 70% Christian Superheroes. You know, because it's a mirror of our (US) society.

I just thought comic books were an entertaining read for when you were a kid. Maybe the "mirror of society" comes from comic book writers that want to be taken seriously by the NPR crowd by making their work seem socially important and not "I gotta poo Ma, where is my comic book stash at." If they make a character gay maybe they hope some of their adult fans will be able to be taken seriously by saying stuff like. "Comic Books have always been a reflection of society and if you don't know that you are a backward thinking cretin who just doesn't get how "serious" comic books are. Gosh, hasn't anyone seen "Unbreakable"? This is serious literature here. C'mon."

I am old enough to get the reference and the humor....just busting your.........Butt......................:D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh well. Since I learned way back that Rock Hudson was gay seems little can surprise me, now John Travolta. I bet you anything Nicholas Cage is homosexual and I GUARANTEE that Kenny Chesney is very very gay.
    No more real "Macho" superheros I guess.

They ran off the Marlboro man a long while ago. A sad day for men.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Superheroes run around in tights, have secret identities, mostly live alone---what exactly do you expect??
    uhhh I do that but Im a cyclist. Also :gaychase:

There are many "macho" gay men.

They display no indication of what their sexuality is, and are not afraid of anything and will kick ass when necessary.
    Uhhh I bet no one would have guessed me or zephri.
    I think it is great. Hopefully the kids can learn proper anal and oral sex techniques from this comic book. You guys are way too uptight. Maybe we can even get some of them to experiment with their sexuality. There may be a few that think they are straight but really would be more fulfilled if they batted from the other side of the plate.
    I have seen this personally.
    Seriously, didn't I read somewhere that this is a PG-13 forum?
    You must not frequent the status thread or some of the break room. This line has been not just crossed but cut in pieces there.

Also on a side note to the gay agenda.

This will freak you out.

GAY GUNOWNERS

we have infiltrated your society and am slowly converting you all to our side.

serriously there atleast 3 of us on this board that you know of but maybe more hiding waiting to spring

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    a while back on one of the comedy stations on satellite radio, i heard a clip from a comic (can't remember who) that put one of the funniest spins on having a friend come out that i've ever heard.

it was along the lines that after finiding out that their friend was not only gay, but a "bottom", some of the group thought that he was less of a man. the comedian's point of view was that it makes him even more of one. to paraphrase, imagine your worst prison rape nightmare; this guy takes that on for fun.

seriously, i doubt if a kid ever had his/her sexuality determined by a comic book.

Dorian Gray

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Gay gun owners, oh no's... lol
    puking-rainbows-meme-rage-face%5B1%5D.jpg

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Looks like the other thread about this topic has disappeared, or been made invisible...

So let me ask you...

1. DC Comics sells their comic books to children and adults.
    2. DC Comics plans to promote homosexual activity in the upcoming Green Lantern Issue.

Is DC Comics promoting homosexual pedophilia with this move, especially since they know their customer base is made of children and primarily male adults?

Should DC Comics be allowed to be sold to minor children once this whole homosexual super hero theme comes to light? Will Green Lantern no longer be identified as a super hero and now be identified as a sexual being that engages in sodomy and other aspects of a homosexual lifestyle? Is this something we want our children to be buying and reading?

Make them all homosexuals, make them transexuals, make them rapists and masochists, and lovers of beastiality....I don't care either way...but don't sell this crap to children.

That's about the end of my three cents.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Didn't Bob and Tom have a bit several years ago that woulda fit into this genre? A spoof on batman and robin, I believe...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If it weren't for gay men, I don't think Cirque du Soleil would exist. They just put on an awesome show tonight and I don't think I caught anything.

Top Bottom