Green Latern bats for the other team now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Nah...kids are never influenced by things they see on TV or movies, read in books, etc.
    maybe you're right. i guess the only reason i went for my wife was hearing this song as a kid.

[ame]http://youtu.be/E5iHzntfmqs[/ame]

thank you joe walsh! because of you, i've turned out not to be a godless sodomite. hear me now parents, park your sissy boys in front of the computer screen and your prayers will be answered.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess kids decide to dress like thugs and whores because their parents make them. Maybe it's something innocuous like fast food, fluoridated water, or (larger than 16oz) sugary drinks that create the impression and permissive cultural environment where kids learn it's ok to engage in (various) sex acts outside of marriage.

You're probably right. The constant inundation of our kids (at earlier and earlier ages) of TV shows, music, or any other pop culture outlet have absolutely no effect on how our kids view the world.

But wait...we can't show any cigarette advertisements. Weve had to stamp out all forms of religion out of our schools. Many kids' shows won't show guns (remember the ET remake)...why?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    i never said societal/cultural influences have no effect on youth. i said a comic book won't turn a kid gay.

taking the kids to the zoo today; if i have the inclination, i'll continue the debate this evening. until then, take care.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Looks like the other thread about this topic has disappeared, or been made invisible...

So let me ask you...

1. DC Comics sells their comic books to children and adults.
    2. DC Comics plans to promote homosexual activity in the upcoming Green Lantern Issue.

Is DC Comics promoting homosexual pedophilia with this move, especially since they know their customer base is made of children and primarily male adults?

Should DC Comics be allowed to be sold to minor children once this whole homosexual super hero theme comes to light? Will Green Lantern no longer be identified as a super hero and now be identified as a sexual being that engages in sodomy and other aspects of a homosexual lifestyle? Is this something we want our children to be buying and reading?

Make them all homosexuals, make them transexuals, make them rapists and masochists, and lovers of beastiality....I don't care either way...but don't sell this crap to children.

That's about the end of my three cents.

Wow, just because you are gay doesn't mean you want to touch kids, have sex with animals, rape people, etc.

Nah...kids are never influenced by things they see on TV or movies, read in books, etc.

If you are a good parent they shouldnt be.

I guess kids decide to dress like thugs and whores because their parents make them. Maybe it's something innocuous like fast food, fluoridated water, or (larger than 16oz) sugary drinks that create the impression and permissive cultural environment where kids learn it's ok to engage in (various) sex acts outside of marriage.

You're probably right. The constant inundation of our kids (at earlier and earlier ages) of TV shows, music, or any other pop culture outlet have absolutely no effect on how our kids view the world.

But wait...we can't show any cigarette advertisements. Weve had to stamp out all forms of religion out of our schools. Many kids' shows won't show guns (remember the ET remake)...why?

Sex outside of marriage isnt exactly a new thing, people having sex in high school when my dad was a kid back in the 50s/60s

TV shows may have an effect on them, but its the parents job to tell then what is right and wrong. Kids make mistakes, they did when I was young, they did when my dad was young, and they did when my grandpa was young. Thats part of life.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow, just because you are gay doesn't mean you want to touch kids, have sex with animals, rape people, etc.

If you are a good parent they shouldnt be.

Sex outside of marriage isnt exactly a new thing, people having sex in high school when my dad was a kid back in the 50s/60s

TV shows may have an effect on them, but its the parents job to tell then what is right and wrong. Kids make mistakes, they did when I was young, they did when my dad was young, and they did when my grandpa was young. Thats part of life.

I'm not saying its the only cause and it directly causes anything. But to deny it is a strong influence, is naive. Kids today are amongst media all the time, even when their parents aren't around. Even adults are swayable.

Excusing bad behavior because it's always been done or because somebody else does it is one way civil society rots from the inside out.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Just as a reminder: less than five percent, a deviant few; not the silent plurality we've been led to believe exists. We've spent billions on campaigns and school-child programs of "tolerance" of 'different sexual orientations', spent time and money attempting to pass legislation preventing/promoting the takeover of our civil society and the institutions of civil society, had to endure many thousands of ridiculous news articles denouncing/promoting deviancy as a genuine alternate "lifestyle" worthy - and necessary - to embrace with "equality", to find out that all along, we have been pandering to less than 5% of our population. One in twenty, if that many, self-identify as homosexual. As a public-relations pot-stirring noise-maker, I've got to hand it to the gay community, in terms of sheer inflation of numbers and promotion of a cause due to sheer repetition of inflated figures, those folks take the cake on promoting their ridiculous, deviant behavior into an "acceptable" "lifestyle" in the opinion of the American public. Kudos on taking the weird and the abnormal and trying to make it seem normal, and moral, and acceptable. Best PR campaign in history: YOU'RE INTOLERANT IF YOU DISAPPROVE, SO ACCEPT US OR ELSE. *polite golf-style applause*

Just to repeat myself:

Never before have so many bent over so backward to accommodate so few.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just as a reminder: less than five percent, a deviant few; not the silent plurality we've been led to believe exists. We've spent billions on campaigns and school-child programs of "tolerance" of 'different sexual orientations', spent time and money attempting to pass legislation preventing/promoting the takeover of our civil society and the institutions of civil society, had to endure many thousands of ridiculous news articles denouncing/promoting deviancy as a genuine alternate "lifestyle" worthy - and necessary - to embrace with "equality", to find out that all along, we have been pandering to less than 5% of our population. One in twenty, if that many, self-identify as homosexual. As a public-relations pot-stirring noise-maker, I've got to hand it to the gay community, in terms of sheer inflation of numbers and promotion of a cause due to sheer repetition of inflated figures, those folks take the cake on promoting their ridiculous, deviant behavior into an "acceptable" "lifestyle" in the opinion of the American public. Kudos on taking the weird and the abnormal and trying to make it seem normal, and moral, and acceptable. Best PR campaign in history: YOU'RE INTOLERANT IF YOU DISAPPROVE, SO ACCEPT US OR ELSE. *polite golf-style applause*

Just to repeat myself:

Never before have so many bent over so backward to accommodate so few.

I have seen info that say's less than 2% but you will never convince the left coast of this...or Key West

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Gay gun owners, oh no's... lol
    puking-rainbows-meme-rage-face%5B1%5D.jpg
    Why do you think pink guns are made.

Its not like women go shooting.

I wish glock made a pink glock. Now what did happen to the pg thread.

also why cant super heros be gay I think that is the only person that thinks hummmm spandex would be a good choice of clothing besides a cyclist. Also everyone i know doesnt think spandex is a good outfit in public so why would their choice in partner matter.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is DC Comics promoting homosexual pedophilia with this move, especially since they know their customer base is made of children and primarily male adults?

Should DC Comics be allowed to be sold to minor children once this whole homosexual super hero theme comes to light? Will Green Lantern no longer be identified as a super hero and now be identified as a sexual being that engages in sodomy and other aspects of a homosexual lifestyle? Is this something we want our children to be buying and reading?

Make them all homosexuals, make them transexuals, make them rapists and masochists, and lovers of beastiality....I don't care either way...but don't sell this crap to children.

23sccwy.jpg

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Oh no, the Green Lantern gay!!!??? That is about as bad as when J. K. Rowlings for some reason made Dumbledore, the headmaster at Hogwarts school for witches and wizards gay for no apparent good reason. I have some opinions on that, but none that have been substantiated. When she made the announcement, I just wondered why. What was the need to do this? What was her motivation?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Oh no, the Green Lantern gay!!!??? That is about as bad as when J. K. Rowlings for some reason made Dumbledore, the headmaster at Hogwarts school for witches and wizards gay for no apparent good reason. I have some opinions on that, but none that have been substantiated. When she made the announcement, I just wondered why. What was the need to do this? What was her motivation?

To keep the homophobes awake at night?:dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Because it is a politically correct mandate to have at least one prominent homosexual character to satisfy fragile, American sensibilities?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Less ridiculous would have been any indication in the series that he was, in fact, gay. Nothing in canon exists to support the author's claim except the author's ability to claim authorial intent. Well, if Dumbledore is gay, she did a very poor job in seven books and many thousands of pages, because no hint is dropped therein. She's simply pandering to sell more books, a very cynical attitude to have, particularly as, again, nothing in any Harry Potter book gives ANY indication, no matter how couched or subtle, that Dumbledore is supposedly gay. Such a crock, the whole thing.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Less ridiculous would have been any indication in the series that he was, in fact, gay. Nothing in canon exists to support the author's claim except the author's ability to claim authorial intent. Well, if Dumbledore is gay, she did a very poor job in seven books and many thousands of pages, because no hint is dropped therein. She's simply pandering to sell more books, a very cynical attitude to have, particularly as, again, nothing in any Harry Potter book gives ANY indication, no matter how couched or subtle, that Dumbledore is supposedly gay. Such a crock, the whole thing.

You do realize that the Harry Potter books are fiction, don't you?

Top Bottom