Green Latern bats for the other team now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Mmmm...hate to break it to you but they rebooted and rewrote the entire DC universe in the last year. Nothing is the same anymore. You knew that, right?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Don't worry, this push for 'equality' has Americans thinking that there's anywhere from 10-20% of gays/lesbians in this country, when in fact it's less than 5%. Usually I call 5% of anything an outlier. Gays call it a minority in need of 'equality'. Givin' the dogs a bone. To deliberately misquote Winston Churchmaggot: Never before have so many bent over so backward to accommodate so few.

Americans Have No Idea How Few Gay People There Are

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Keep in mind there have been a few Earth born Lanterns.

Adam Scott
    Hal jorden
    Jim raynor
    and John steward

So its not a big deal that one turns out gay. hell green arrows sidekick was gay. he even ended up with HIV. it was pretty heavy stuff.

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    Mmmm...hate to break it to you but they rebooted and rewrote the entire DC universe in the last year. Nothing is the same anymore. You knew that, right?

Yeah, and I do kinda think it was cheap to start with.

Adam Scott
    Hal jorden
    Jim raynor
    and John steward

So its not a big deal that one turns out gay. hell green arrows sidekick was gay. he even ended up with HIV. it was pretty heavy stuff.

Yes, but before his son was gay right? I would say that now he won't have a son, but who freaking knows anymore.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ive never watched "The Green Lantern" nor do I have the desire to... And if hes gay, who the hell cares?!?! Ive got a few friends that are gay and one sister that is too. They dont push their lifestyle on me, I dont push mine on them.

Is this dude's homosexual lifestyle affecting you? Nope, didnt think so. Its not like watching a movie that he acts in will turn you, so let it go.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Adam Scott
    Hal jorden
    Jim raynor
    and John steward

Alan Scott
    Hal Jordan
    Kyle Rayner
    John Stewart and you left off Guy Gardner. And those are just the humans.

Green Arrows sidekick with HIV was Speedy, a girl, not the original Speedy who had been a heroin addict back in the 70's, (changed his name to Arsenal in later years). DC has always had cutting edge stories and this isn't even the first gay character they've had. Not even close. Batwoman is a lesbian. One member of the Teen Titans is gay. Gay characters are nothing new to DC or Marvel. From the Wildstorm/DC imprint there's also a gay couple in Stormwatch, Midnighter and Apollo are both gay. Great characters, to boot. Comics aren't necessarily for kids anymore. The people writing them are writing them for the people who grew up reading them. They're more for an adult audience than kids. Anyone upset about this can continue to do what they were doing before. Not buy the comics.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have always hated the retcon-ing in comic books, so turning a character gay isn't that big of a deal. Look what they tried to do with Superman when he died and came back with powers based on energy.. complete with a radically different suit..

superman-energy-blue.jpg

Hal Jordan is Green Lantern
    Superman's suit is Red White and Blue

Yes, I am just that much of a geek :D

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Yeah, well.....Dana Carvey and SNL was doing it longer than anybody.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEAYcR8w_tE&feature=related[/ame]
    9k=

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have always hated the retcon-ing in comic books, so turning a character gay isn't that big of a deal. Look what they tried to do with Superman when he died and came back with powers based on energy.. complete with a radically different suit..

superman-energy-blue.jpg

Hal Jordan is Green Lantern
    Superman's suit is Red White and Blue

Yes, I am just that much of a geek :D

My pic got deleted :tantrum:

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    Don't get me wrong, I don't really follow comic books that much (never really did), I just don't know why Hollywood feels the need to reboot all these comic books, movies and such. Can we not just leave stuff alone? Can't people develop new characters and story lines? Have you seen the huge list of movie reboots alone slated for the next couple of years? They are remaking Robocop and Short Circuit for crying out loud!

mcolford, my beef is not with that they made the character gay, it is that they changed his whole back story now. What was wrong with it before when he had two kids and was married? And don't give me that "oh, my sister is gay so I am better than you" crap. Hell, my brother is gay and I really don't care about that. The only reason they changed it was to appease to a small minority of actual gay people, and the driveling masses that will buy/read anything that has a little bit of controversy around it.

Is it affecting me that the character is now gay? No. Is it affecting me that they butchered a great story to appease society using a character with widespread recognition? Yes, it kinda does. Why? Because it feels like the cheap way to make a buck.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I don't really follow comic books that much (never really did), I just don't know why Hollywood feels the need to reboot all these comic books, movies and such. Can we not just leave stuff alone? Can't people develop new characters and story lines? Have you seen the huge list of movie reboots alone slated for the next couple of years? They are remaking Robocop and Short Circuit for crying out loud!

mcolford, my beef is not with that they made the character gay, it is that they changed his whole back story now. What was wrong with it before when he had two kids and was married? And don't give me that "oh, my sister is gay so I am better than you" crap. Hell, my brother is gay and I really don't care about that. The only reason they changed it was to appease to a small minority of actual gay people, and the driveling masses that will buy/read anything that has a little bit of controversy around it.

Is it affecting me that the character is now gay? No. Is it affecting me that they butchered a great story to appease society using a character with widespread recognition? Yes, it kinda does. Why? Because it feels like the cheap way to make a buck.

Nowhere did I say I was better than you.. Chill out there Scooter.

Top Bottom