• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    It is going to be a mess over there, and we are heading the same way with the entitlement system that we currently have. Maybe it needs to happen here. Anyone read Heinlein?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It is going to be a mess over there, and we are heading the same way with the entitlement system that we currently have. Maybe it needs to happen here. Anyone read Heinlein?

I don't even want to image what will occur when we are forced to STOP welfare. The LA riots x 100000000000000000 it will be.

But up first I think congress may be crazy enough to take the CBOs advise of NO DEDUCTIONS/CREDITS for the 2012+ tax season.

Wonder if the masses (workers) would riot over that?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    While we don't need to go as far as the Greeks, if we were to take some of the measures that they took to reign in the spending, there would be more than a few people who would feel like they had nothing to lose by going over the edge.

I hope sanity prevails.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    While we don't need to go as far as the Greeks, if we were to take some of the measures that they took to reign in the spending, there would be more than a few people who would feel like they had nothing to lose by going over the edge.

I hope sanity prevails.

The Greeks have been doing this for 2 years that I can remember, and no relief. Once the ball starts rolling, it is hard as anything to stop. I need to quit posting, the tequila is getting to me, and I will just get mad.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Instead as a country we have been increasing the amount of government jobs and welfare recipients, increasing the minimum wage while spending way more than we earn every year. Doing the opposite of what we should be doing. It's almost as if it were intentional on the part of government to ruin us financially. Sad.

thegunfan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    yes

Wasn't Heinlein a science fiction writer? I recall reading several of his books during the late 80's.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    TANSTAAFL

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

First used in "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert A. Heinlein

No, other usages of the phrase went back 30 or 40 years previously, though Heinlein probably popularized it more than anyone.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think it will the same here. The Eu is uses this crisis to eliminate Greece's sovereignty and turn it from a nation into a state. The endgame is to create the united sates of Europe.

I agree it could be bad if it ever comes to a similar situation here, but not the same. Taxes go up, yes. Cutting spending, yes. But the EU has gone beyond that and is weaponizing the tax code. It's is forcing Greece to become totally dependent on the EU from now on.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I don't think it will the same here. The Eu is uses this crisis to eliminate Greece's sovereignty and turn it from a nation into a state. The endgame is to create the united sates of Europe.

I agree it could be bad if it ever comes to a similar situation here, but not the same. Taxes go up, yes. Cutting spending, yes. But the EU has gone beyond that and is weaponizing the tax code. It's is forcing Greece to become totally dependent on the EU from now on.

The dictionary definition and the way the founding fathers used those two words makes them synonymous.

Unfortunately ignorant Americans today don't realize that... anymore so than they even know what the tenth amendment says.

I do agree they will lose their sovereignty. Debt is slavery.

Same thing will happen here.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The dictionary definition and the way the founding fathers used those two words makes them synonymous.

Unfortunately ignorant Americans today don't realize that... anymore so than they even know what the tenth amendment says.

I do agree they will lose their sovereignty. Debt is slavery.

Same thing will happen here.

Ah, well. I'm a ignorant American I guess. At least I think that's what that sentence is saying. Hard to tell. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

I respectfully disagree - they lost their sovereign status when they signed up to be part of the EU. They made their choice. And then they made it further when they continued to rack up massive debt.

Top Bottom