Great weather for running the Carbine Courses.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    So . . . reason for not wearing?

If god forbid I did need to protect myself or family in a SHTF situation or some other defensive situation, trying to get my shooting glasses from my range bag really wouldn't be on the top of the list of things I'm going to worry about.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If god forbid I did need to protect myself or family in a SHTF situation or some other defensive situation, trying to get my shooting glasses from my range bag really wouldn't be on the top of the list of things I'm going to worry about.

So . . . why bother with hearing protection then?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Does it really matter to you one way or the other?

I would not have asked if it didn't matter to me, at least in terms of my curiosity. I am curious. I suppose in the big picture, since you asked, it doesn't matter since I don't know you and I'm unlikely to ever meet you.

I am not criticizing you nor am I attacking you. I'm just asking questions because I perceive an logical inconsistency in doing one thing to protect hearing and not the other to protect eyes.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I would not have asked if it didn't matter to me, at least in terms of my curiosity. I am curious. I suppose in the big picture, since you asked, it doesn't matter since I don't know you and I'm unlikely to ever meet you.

I am not criticizing you nor am I attacking you. I'm just asking questions because I perceive an logical inconsistency in doing one thing to protect hearing and not the other to protect eyes.

Fair enough and good points. I guess honestly its a discretionary choice of each shooter. I prefer not to wear them as I never have, does it make it right, maybe not, but its my choice to make.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Fair enough and good points. I guess honestly its a discretionary choice of each shooter. I prefer not to wear them as I never have, does it make it right, maybe not, but its my choice to make.

Thanks for the response! You're absolutely correct that it's your discretion and I respect that. Same goes goes for people using any kind of tools.

I do hope you choose to wear eye protection in the future, though. It's not just for the shooting either... when you're moving through the woods and concentrating on managing your weapon and what you're going to shoot or not shoot next, it would be easy to get a branch or two across the face.

I wear Rx eyeglasses when I'm out and about. If I didn't, I'd probably wear some kind of safety glasses to protect my eye just in daily life because I value them so much.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I wore them quite a bit when I was working in the shops, but since my career change not so much. So ya never know, I don't foresee myself making the change to wear them but will defiantly consider it.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Is your course wide enough for 2 lanes bounding?

Add a second shooter to communicate and move with, throw in some medical TQ action and comms with radio all to ramp up the stress and learn how you operate as a team.

All kinds of possibilities with your set up.

If you have a family keep your eyes safe at least for them!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Is your course wide enough for 2 lanes bounding?

Add a second shooter to communicate and move with, throw in some medical TQ action and comms with radio all to ramp up the stress and learn how you operate as a team.

All kinds of possibilities with your set up.

If you have a family keep your eyes safe at least for them!

Yea actually we've talked about doing a side by side advancement type drill just haven't got it worked out yet, but may have to try and get it going again.

Top Bottom