• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Lengthy, but a good read, and the point made is spot-on.

Are the Liar-In-Chief and those of his libtard ilk REALLY bent on starting a war with those he mockingly claims "cling to their guns and Bibles"? It would appear so.

He's not gonna like how that turns out.

Me, personally? I'm for 'turning the other cheek'.

Twice.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not sure I'd compare the current state of America, to 1990s Balkans. It doesn't even seem like a legitimate possibility. One of the best things about America, is the fact that we are a "get in your face" peoples. No matter ethnicity, religion, or beliefs, if we have an issue, we tend to be vocal about it. We avoided major strife due to this, imo. Look at places currently, or in the recent past, that have had serious issues. Their populaces were groups that "pretended" to like each other, but were powder kegs waiting to explode.
    We lose our cool every 5 minutes.... Kinda takes some heat off that powdered keg.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "Governed by the rule of force" is the key phrase in that article. Be careful what you sow Libs. Reap the whirlwind and all of that.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This one quote seems to sum up the gist of the article.
    Truer words have not been spoken.

"You cannot expect to be able to discard the rule of law in favor of the rule of force and have those you target not to respond in kind."

Seems pretty self-evident to a thinking person, oh wait...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not sure I'd compare the current state of America, to 1990s Balkans. It doesn't even seem like a legitimate possibility. One of the best things about America, is the fact that we are a "get in your face" peoples. No matter ethnicity, religion, or beliefs, if we have an issue, we tend to be vocal about it. We avoided major strife due to this, imo. Look at places currently, or in the recent past, that have had serious issues. Their populaces were groups that "pretended" to like each other, but were powder kegs waiting to explode.
    We lose our cool every 5 minutes.... Kinda takes some heat off that powdered keg.

Yeah, Ferguson is o.k. now...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This one quote seems to sum up the gist of the article.
    Truer words have not been spoken.

"You cannot expect to be able to discard the rule of law in favor of the rule of force and have those you target not to respond in kind."

Seems pretty self-evident to a thinking person, oh wait...
    I thought the same. I don't agree with all the points in the article but I do agree with that and the general conclusion.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    the only liberals that regret the new rules are the ones voting for liberal politicians. They are just too dumb and blind to know they are voting to screw themselves, all while believing the lies and hating the other side.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah, Ferguson is o.k. now...

Opinion only but Ferguson was a liberal inspired, fertilized, watered and harvested mess. "There is profit in chaos" and they attempted and to a great extent have profited from the ferguson debacle. So well that even when the lies perpetrated during the highpoint of it all were exposed as pure fraud it didn't matter! We as a society have a very short attention span and if "they" can create a series of incidents of sufficient length then they are a shoe in for the next presidential election. It's already been proven that there does not have to be ANY truth to the story as long as it leaves the other side looking stupid!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It seems only one side is allowed to get in anyone's face these days, doesn't it? And the one side wants to use the force of government to make dissent illegal.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Kurt Schlichter is a great follow on Twitter if you're into that sort of thing.

Liberals May Regret Their New Rules - Kurt Schlichter - Page 1
    Wait. What??
    It’s becoming a nation where an elite that is certain of its power and its moral rightness is waging a cultural war on a despised minority. Except it’s not actually a minority – it only seems that way because it is marginalized by the coastal elitist liberals who run the mainstream media.
    Despised pseudo-minority marginalized by coastal elite liberals? Where have I heard that before? Oh, please, everyone can't be a despised minority. Right wing screedist! Besides, I'm teaching liberals about guns. I got 3 so far. Be careful.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Super read.

I liken what leftists are doing to someone who decides to make a home improvement...sometimes it doesn't turn out they way you expect it to...

rosefarm10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Milford
    Excellent article. It's good to know that someone still thinks there are enough of us to be a majority. My wife is from Colombia. Became a US citizen five years ago. Straps on an HK every morning and thanks God that she can. She knows what it is like to be unprotected and disposable. Her appreciation for America and the Constitution is absolute. Wish we had more legislators who felt the same way!

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Wait. What??
    It’s becoming a nation where an elite that is certain of its power and its moral rightness is waging a cultural war on a despised minority. Except it’s not actually a minority – it only seems that way because it is marginalized by the coastal elitist liberals who run the mainstream media.
    Despised pseudo-minority marginalized by coastal elite liberals? Where have I heard that before? Oh, please, everyone can't be a despised minority. Right wing screedist! Besides, I'm teaching liberals about guns. I got 3 so far. Be careful.

I'm being screedist, eh? As a prime example, this was posted to me / about me in another forum where I asked someone to enlighten me as to how transferring wealth from rich countries to poorer ones would solve global warming. Anything in parens is my edit to remove personal info or to make non-topical references generic.

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I could put some effort into being nicer, but there's no way around the condescension. I'm an intellectual snob. I'd appear nicer in public, simply because I'd keep my opinions to myself. I just (expletive) hate conservatism. Their politicians are liars feeding on the ignorant trying to drag us back into the stone age. I hate them.[/FONT]

Edit: One more thing. Condescension is a rhetorical maneuver. You play the villain. And if you can be shown wrong, then you can be embarrassed. It's designed to communicate confidence and strength, because nobody wants to be embarrassed, especially when you're playing the villain. I'm trying to communicate as best I can that the perspective of the opposition is not worthy of respect. And the inference to be made is, if the villain can't be knocked from his perch, then he is probably right.

I promised myself I wouldn't do this. Believe it or not, I like (jtscribe), apart from his politics. From my perspective, he's infected. But I really should just stay out of it. But then I have boring Sunday morning, and this happens. I just don't want it to affect our (sports) conversations, because that's what I'm really here for. I need to remember that.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I'm being screedist, eh? As a prime example, this was posted to me / about me in another forum where I asked someone to enlighten me as to how transferring wealth from rich countries to poorer ones would solve global warming. Anything in parens is my edit to remove personal info or to make non-topical references generic.

I could put some effort into being nicer, but there's no way around the condescension. I'm an intellectual snob. I'd appear nicer in public, simply because I'd keep my opinions to myself. I just (expletive) hate conservatism. Their politicians are liars feeding on the ignorant trying to drag us back into the stone age. I hate them.

Edit: One more thing. Condescension is a rhetorical maneuver. You play the villain. And if you can be shown wrong, then you can be embarrassed. It's designed to communicate confidence and strength, because nobody wants to be embarrassed, especially when you're playing the villain. I'm trying to communicate as best I can that the perspective of the opposition is not worthy of respect. And the inference to be made is, if the villain can't be knocked from his perch, then he is probably right.

I promised myself I wouldn't do this. Believe it or not, I like (jtscribe), apart from his politics. From my perspective, he's infected. But I really should just stay out of it. But then I have boring Sunday morning, and this happens. I just don't want it to affect our (sports) conversations, because that's what I'm really here for. I need to remember that.

Said in in the spirit of love and tolerance, understanding and diversity, openmindedness and the "big tent"

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy

I could put some effort into being nicer, but there's no way around the condescension. I'm an intellectual snob. I'd appear nicer in public, simply because I'd keep my opinions to myself. I just (expletive) hate conservatism. Their politicians are liars feeding on the ignorant trying to drag us back into the stone age. I hate them.

I read the article you referenced. I was referring to the writer, not you. Are you claiming victimhood now? We can all find silly arguments by wing wackos on either side then label an entire class as holding these views. The world, people and their beliefs, (as Jamil elegantly pointed out elsewhere) are not that simple. I consider myself a liberal-progressive-libertarian with a conservative streak. I don't despise anyone. In this forum I might be considered a despised minority, but i refuse the label because Churchmouse loves (tolerates) me, and now he's a mod.

Top Bottom