Great deal on FUBAR Tactical Pants from LA Police Gear.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    i cant believe they still have that many left i bought mine a week ago... they are great pants if i had more money at this time absolutely would buy a few more pairs but i guess i ll have to wait till the next time they mess up some pants and jump on them again :)

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    Got mine today. :xmad: Waist was close but too small, legs werent even close! Guess I need to spend more time on the treadmill and less under the squat rack! Check out the classifieds b/c mine will be there!

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Glad to see so many INGOers taking full advantage of this great deal on some sweet tactical pants! :ingo: I'm very satisfied with mine, tons of pockets, they're great!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glad to see so many INGOers taking full advantage of this great deal on some sweet tactical pants! :ingo: I'm very satisfied with mine, tons of pockets, they're great!

amen brother, love these things. I got mostly the darker colors and they don't stand out at work. I stick my Izula in one of the lower pockets and BlackBerry in one of the front pockets.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Have had mine for about 2 weeks and couldn't be happier. But they did totally run a size smaller, which works I lost 18lbs this last week.:rockwoot:Now I just need to lose about 60 more.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Have had mine for about 2 weeks and couldn't be happier. But they did totally run a size smaller, which works I lost 18lbs this last week.:rockwoot:Now I just need to lose about 60 more.
    Wow! Need to lose some weight now too lol. I can wear a size 36 with a glock 19 IWB usually, abd I can barely button the pants without a IWB now.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    My American Eagle jeans are a 34, and my levi's are a 36. I ordered these in a 36, and the button is snug, but it will be easy to move the button over about an inch, then they will fit perfect.

I won't be carrying IWB with these until I loose some weight, but that's alright.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My (3) pairs arrived today. My wife ordered some clothes for herself (not from LAPG) as well, so we had a little chuckle about our "internet pants".

I ordered the elastic-waisted version, in hopes that would make up for the small sizing some are reporting. I ordered my normal pants size, and they fit fine. Length is good, and they are just a skosh tight in the caboose. I would say the fit is tighter than BDUs, but looser than the Propper tactical pants (Tactical Pants - Khaki) I have in the same size. Comparing the LAPG pants against the Proppers, I came up with the following observations:

• If I didn't know in advance what to look for, I'd never have noticed the areas of "FUBAR" stitching on the LAPG pants. The affected areas are not extensive, nor in locations that will affect durability or function.

• The LAPG pants are 60/40 cotton/poly construction, where the Proppers are 65/35 poly/cotton. The LAPG material is lighter weight and has a slight cross-hatch pattern like "rip stop" BDUs, where the Propper material is more like a canvas. The Propper's heavier material and fewer pockets gives them a less "tactical" and more professional look; I wear the Proppers to the office on casual Fridays, but probably would not do so with the LAPGs.

• Pockets: LAPG has 10 (2ea. front slit, side, back, thigh, calf) to the Propper's 7 (front cell phone, 2ea. side, back, thigh). The Propper's back and thigh pockets have velcro closures, and the back pockets are incredibly deep, with shallower inner pockets at the top for wallets and whatnot. The LAPG back pockets are BDU style (standard depth, button closure), while the thigh pockets have velcro closure, and a unique split in the flap that allows you to drop items into the pocket without undoing the velcro. The pockets themselves house smaller pockets in addition to the main compartment, and a plastic D-ring, presumably for dummy-cording your gear if you feel the need. The bottom corners of the side pockets are reinforced to resist wear from the clips of folding knives (nice touch). The ankle pockets on the LAPG pants are of a single-compartment design with velcro closure.

• Both the LAPG and Propper pants are button top with a zipper fly (thank heavens!); the LAPG's zipper and other hardware are all "airport friendly" plastic, while the Propper's zipper and front D-ring are metal.

In closing, I regard the LAPG pants as a more functional/practical version of BDUs. The Propper Tac Pants are superior to the LAPG pants in terms of appearance and durability due to the heavier fabric, but they also cost almost twice as much! I look forward to wearing the LAPG pants to training courses, matches and INGO events, and retiring some of my old ratty milsurp BDU trousers.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Got mine today as well. So far so good. Glad I went a size bigger than normal, and length is spot on.

The only thing Im not sure about are the ties to cinch up the pant legs at the bottom. What exactly is that used for in the 'real world'?

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    I should have 2 pair by my front door when I get home from work. I may have to get 2 more. The chicks are gonna be digging me. I kinda feel sorry for them. This will give me an unfair advantage.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I wore a pair of my new pants yesterday... This morning I put them back on while I fixed breakfast. When I got ready to go get in the shower I discovered that the zipper was seperating from the pants. The stitching there was apparently one of the bad spots. Nothing that five minutes with a needle and thread won't fix, but close enough that I'll double check the remaining pairs before wearing them out of the house.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Got mine, and although I like them, not the right fit for me. I ordered 40x32, my normal size for tac pants, and they are quite big. Even worse, I have no arse to fill them out, as they are built fairly loose-fitting. Will be posting mine as well in Want Ads.

Last edited by a moderator:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Got mine today as well. So far so good. Glad I went a size bigger than normal, and length is spot on.

The only thing Im not sure about are the ties to cinch up the pant legs at the bottom. What exactly is that used for in the 'real world'?

I cut mine off. just pull them tight and cut with scissors, then open them back up and you will never know that the drawstrings were there.

That was the first thing I disliked about mine, but other than that they have been great. I have worn my 2 pairs all week with no issues.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side

I would use this feature to help reduce exposure to ticks when in applicable habitat. Sometimes I tuck my pants into my socks, but the ties provide a better solution. For urban use, I don't see any reason.

Top Bottom