• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Have any of you LNL owners greased your presses?
    My LNL has become very gritty in operation, so I think I need to grease the press. What kind of grease? General purpose automotive Lithium grease? It looks like I need a grease gun to use the Zerk grease nipples too?

I just finished adjusting the pawls because the shell plate wasn't quite rotating to the proper point. This was easy, but I may need to put some loc-tite on the set screws so they don't loosen up again. Any experiences with this?

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    It's been a while since I used my LNL AP, but I just used the same grease in my grease gun that I use on my lawn mower. You might want to also use some dry lube on your primer slide as I recall I had a lot of issues in that direction.

I don't care much for the pawl drive on the press. There is a lot of pressure placed on the tip of the pawl if there is any drag during rotation of the shell plate. That seemed to happen whenever a primer was a little proud of the case. I'd inspect the pawls pretty regularly and lube the tips. I chipped the tip off a couple of times. They are definitely a part I like to have plenty of spares for.

I was using the press for some commercial work last year, but a Dillon or four have replaced it.

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    As the pawls wear in they may need adjusted like mine did. I would not loctite them. When the shellplate ceases to stop on a detent stop they just need a slight adjustment. Auto grease is what I use on mine after I wipe the old grease off that collects powder and dirt.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I use Lucas Red N Tacky grease on the ram arm where it goes through the press frame. Where the shell plate rides on the top of the ram I use CLP or Kellube. When the press feels "gritty" as you say, I wipe all the lube off and relube.

Top Bottom