• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    Government Shut down is real... I'm active duty military and my LES just posted... Basically its my pay stub.. This paycheck is almost half of what my normal pay would be. Means Im not getting payed quite a few days of work..

I want to take this time to say this is BS. :xmad: That's enough money to buy food for my family for the rest of the month, and gas to go to work. Yes, I still have to work. How is this fair. I can't pay my car payment, insurance, or my phone bill.

Thank you, Congress for putting my family in the pore house. Lucky for me I live in on-post housing. I wonder how my friends will do off post paying rent if they get payed like I did...

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Government Shut down is real... I'm active duty military and my LES just posted... Basically its my pay stub.. This paycheck is almost half of what my normal pay would be. Means Im not getting payed quite a few days of work..

I'd check into this if I were you. The government is not "shut down" yet, so that is probably not the reason your paycheck is short, unless someone knows something that I don't! They have until midnight tonight to come to an agreement before anything like that happens.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The government is out of money.

The U.S. Dollar is on its way to oblivion.

Soon we'll all be in the poor house.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If my employer was bankrupt, I probably wouldn't choose to live paycheck-to-paycheck. If you weren't aware that your employer was bankrupt, then you really weren't paying attention. I'm sorry the teet is drying up on you.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The Jackass In Chief refuses to unfund Un-Planned Non-Parenthood is why the military paychecks are being withheld. There is a CR that makes sure the troops get paid but dingy Harry won't let it on the floor.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    OK, I see what's happening. The LESs are for the paycheck due on the 15th. Apparently, since there is no funding approved for after MN tonight, the pay will be only through today. When funding is approved, the back pay will be provided. What happened to "Pay the people with guns first?"

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

I want to take this time to say this is BS. :xmad: That's enough money to buy food for my family for the rest of the month, and gas to go to work. Yes, I still have to work. How is this fair. I can't pay my car payment, insurance, or my phone bill.

Thank you, Congress for putting my family in the pore house. Lucky for me I live in on-post housing. I wonder how my friends will do off post paying rent if they get payed like I did...

Don't blame "Congress" as a whole.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    no politician in Washington should get paid if the troops don't. I'm glad I'm not on active duty orders currently, if this had happened last year at this time I would of been screwed.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is exactly the kind of pressure that is going to make the Republicans fold their tent and compromise on the measly 60 billion they're trying to cut.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    I'd check into this if I were you. The government is not "shut down" yet, so that is probably not the reason your paycheck is short, unless someone knows something that I don't! They have until midnight tonight to come to an agreement before anything like that happens.
    My paycheck is posted.. nothing going to change that before the 15th when I should get paid. Once the pay is posted on the 8th and 23rd of each month its pretty much set in stone.

Do they get paid in advance of the month's work, I wonder?
    I get paid for the month past that I have already worked.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I remember when there was a government in 1995? I was in the Army at the time, and congress did pass a resolution to fund the military pay through the shutdown. I guess this time they are playing hardball with the GOP side of the house.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The House passed a bill that would pay military through September I think. The Senate majority leader will not allow a vote on it in the Senate.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The House passed a bill that would pay military through September I think. The Senate majority leader will not allow a vote on it in the Senate.

Because the Dems know that everyone gets mad when soldiers don't get paid. Just like on this board, people are already getting mad at "Congress" and some of them are the very people complaining about government spending.

The Dems are shutting down the government because the Republicans are trying to something - modest though it is - to curb a little spending.

Put the blame where it belongs.

bighop1

Plinker
    Rating - 98.8%
    79   1   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    democrats as a whole never support our troops. dingy harry will pay cowboy poets just not our troops HE IS SICK

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    It isn't just the military that is affected by this. My wife works for head start, which is federally funded, so she doesn't know if she is even going to go to work Monday.

All i can say is thank god that congress and their staff are getting paid, could you just imagine the stress they would be under if they had to worry about money on top of everything else they have to worry about?

Top Bottom