• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you want to see what the ACS looks like there's a .pdf of it here.

Do not confuse this with the Census. It is NOT the Census, it is only run by the Census Bureau. It has nothing to do with redistricting. What it is all about, tho is reapportionment of money. It's about wealth redistribution. They will harass you for not filling it out, but they do not have the resources or the will to go to the wall over it. If you can deal with the short term harassment, as I did, then tell them to go to Sheol. Just don't get caught up in believing that this thing is the Census. It is not. o date no-one has been fined, arrested or gone to court over it. The last thing they want is to see its Constitutionality on trial. Just get your backbone in shape and tell them no, if you don't want to help them.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    There is another thread on here where we talked about this. In that other thread there are links...

the bottom line is that after you only fill out the stuff required by the constitution, they will harass you for three months and make threats of fines. But, the "law" is unconstitutional and they know it, and have never actually fined anyone. There are tons of "case studies" online, folks who have dealt with it and come out unscathed.

In the meantime, have some fun with the folks who call and will come to your door... I hear that they hat being photographed and videoed :) :yesway:

And it goes without saying...
    :postpics:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Do not confuse this with the Census. It is NOT the Census, it is only run by the Census Bureau. It has nothing to do with redistricting. What it is all about, tho is reapportionment of money. It's about wealth redistribution. They will harass you for not filling it out, but they do not have the resources or the will to go to the wall over it. If you can deal with the short term harassment, as I did, then tell them to go to Sheol. Just don't get caught up in believing that this thing is the Census. It is not. o date no-one has been fined, arrested or gone to court over it. The last thing they want is to see its Constitutionality on trial. Just get your backbone in shape and tell them no, if you don't want to help them.

Thanks for the link mrjarrell.

After reviewing it...the public school training ingrained into me thinks it's no big deal & can only be used to benefit our nation...

But, the new Libertarian in me thankfully knows better & is getting jealous guardian feelings.

My wee bitty brain can't even comprehend the number of ways this information could be used to make our backsides bleed in the coming decades.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    1984-movie-bb-1.jpg

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

Yep. That's the one I printed out. :D

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So, if you don't fill it out, is it a $100 every time they ask you to fill it out after that or just $100 and it's a "closed case"?

To me, it would be worth the $100 to not fill it out if that is the end of it.

Worst case, let 'em knock on the door and have them fill it out while talking their ears off. Maybe even in a funny voice...

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    There is another thread on here where we talked about this. In that other thread there are links...

the bottom line is that after you only fill out the stuff required by the constitution, they will harass you for three months and make threats of fines. But, the "law" is unconstitutional and they know it, and have never actually fined anyone. There are tons of "case studies" online, folks who have dealt with it and come out unscathed.

My theory behind that is they don't want to push the issue due to the risk of someone starting a lawsuit - which would create case law - and nullify the "survey".

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    So, if you don't fill it out, is it a $100 every time they ask you to fill it out after that or just $100 and it's a "closed case"?

To me, it would be worth the $100 to not fill it out if that is the end of it.

Worst case, let 'em knock on the door and have them fill it out while talking their ears off. Maybe even in a funny voice...

In a way, I agree. But, why should they get any more of our money?

If I get one, I plan to use "creative", but honest answers and write REALLY BIG, all over the sheets. (Maybe even send them a "bill" for my time with it. :D No, I wouldn't expect payment, but they are paying ACORN (and others) to do this.)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    2010 Census Idea by Congressman Jaso Chaffetz of Utah

2010 Census Idea by Congressman Jaso Chaffetz of Utah

Washington, DC Office
    Congressman Jason Chaffetz
    1032 Longworth HOB
    Washington, D.C. 20515
    Phone: (202) 225-7751
    Fax: (202) 225-5629

District Office
    Congressman Jason Chaffetz
    51 S University Ave Suite #317
    Provo, UT 84601
    Phone: (801) 851-2500
    Fax: (801) 851-2509

Congressman Jason Chaffetz of Utah is sponsering a bill that would allow the postal workers to handle the 2010 Census instead of ACORN and their cronies. Unless we can flood Congress and the Senate with letters and faxes and/or phone calls this bill will never see daylight. Frankly I think it should be done by the Postal Workers and NOT the clowns of ACORN. If you agree with me please contact your Congressmen and Senators demanding them support Congressman Chaffetz. Thank You

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    If They Come To Your Residence!

Be polite, don't become confrontational, don't allow them inside, have a clipboard handy with this form on it. If they do not agree to fill it out, simply state that you cannot continue the conversation until you have the form completed, thank them for their time, tell them to have a nice day, and close the door, period. Go here to print a copy, and KEEP IT BY THE FRONT DOOR on a clipboard.

Public Servant Questionaire

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    From what I saw on the Beck program yesterday, Michele Bachmann indicated that one question that is not on the form that you think would be great info gathering would be..."Are you a US Citizen?" Nope, but they want to know what time you leave for work? :scratch:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Oh if anyone was wondering... the census law is found in Article I section 2, subsection 3 of the U.S. Constitution.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Be polite, don't become confrontational, don't allow them inside, have a clipboard handy with this form on it. If they do not agree to fill it out, simply state that you cannot continue the conversation until you have the form completed, thank them for their time, tell them to have a nice day, and close the door, period. Go here to print a copy, and KEEP IT BY THE FRONT DOOR on a clipboard.

Public Servant Questionaire

Great idea tenring. However, the questionnaire you linked is full of misspellings & inconsistent formatting.

I took the liberty to fix it. Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (MS Word .doc)

Someone please review it for me to check for stupid. :n00b:

*EDIT* Changed link to reflect change pointed out by agentl074

Last edited:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I would just put AUTHORITY and list the relevant codes; that is what most agencies do.

Last edited:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Awesome! I only found one discrepancy: [FONT=&quot]At the end of the questionnaire are cited the pertinent authorities which mandate a complete answer from you upon request.[/FONT]

Who should be used in place of which - since it is directed at the individuals. Who mandates? The pertinent authorities etc.

Thanks for catching that. It's fixed & the link in my previous post is updated.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Yup! No problem man :) LOL I wasn't sure what you meant by "authorities" you were talking about the AUTHORITY for the form not the authorities lol. My bad!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom