• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I got a pair of Vasque Wasatch boots. this is my first pair of backpacking boots i put them on they feel comfortable so far only had them on for about 10 minutes tho. I am wearing a sock liner and a pair of hiking socks. So far i say they are pretty stiff. but what kind of thing do i need to look for in them. i am going to wear them around the house for a few days to make sure the fit is good before i take off the tags and take them outside.
    but what do i need to look for to insure the fit is good. like i said this is my first pair so as long as my feet dont hurt are they good or is there more to it than that.
    thanks mike

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Even with modern boots it takes several hours to really get a feel for how they will fit. Once you decide to keep them, wear them out and around and slowly add pack weight and time. If you can hike around for a couple of hours with them and still feel comfortable then you'll be fine.

Also, any boots work fine on level ground. It's uphill and downhill that will really tell you how your feet respond.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    i may be looking in to this to much but i have had them on for about 2 hours around the house and the only thing is on my right foot i may feel a little pressure in the arch of my foot but other than that they feel good.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    One suggestion, put a sheet of moleskin in your billfold. Even with broken in boots I always carried one and used it often over the years.

Jeremy05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    You want to make sure that you foot does not slip in the boot when you are going up or down hills. If you get to much slippage it will cause blisters on you foot. Make sure that you heal does not move around to much when you walk in them.

Top Bottom