• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I work in glass/construction service and go to peoples homes and businesses daily and have been for about 5 years. I have never got a complaint as far as my appearence or manners go. Then again I am a very good looking and clean person:): use manners and almost always wear my uniform. lol... You just have to remember people are letting a person they have never met or know nothing about into their home, so people are going to be judgemental of your appearance because thats all they really have to go by.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    In the locksmith business, attire and a professional look are EXTREMELY important. I know, I've been in the business for over 35 years. I have been out on calls where other service companies have been asked to leave because of the attire, or the general look of the technician. Uniforms that include long pants are a must in this business. Covering ANYTHING on your body that MAY be offensive is also a requirement. Many people still associate tattoos with gang affiliation, or jail time. The locksmith business is a business based on trust. Their are WAY too many people operating out of the trunks of their cars that have no professional standards. First impressions are extremely important. They instill confidence in the client, and create the possibility of repeat business. Don't take it personally, but learn from the experience, you will be better off in the long run.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    To everyone that posted replies thanks I under stand that looking professional is alway important and I am always polite, hell i said thank you to my last boss when he made me part time but the alternative was getting laid off, I didn't mention it was my day off yesterday but i rarely get one so yeah. This is one of the reasons I keep coming back to INIGO cause people here will tell you what they think and I love it. My boss showed up with new work shorts today so I guess I'll be rocking navy blue Dickie's 7 days a week from now on. THX guys i appreciate the input.:yesway:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I don't think most peoples feelings towards tattoos are the idea of having one... It is more of the idea of what they might be... Skulls, people on fire and stuff like that, your bound to get some funny looks, dont like the looks dont show/get the tattoos.

Top Bottom