Got ground moles/pocket gophers? What's your most effective means of elimination?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Grubs are bad for your lawn too, and they eventually turn into bugs. Getting rid of the grubs is a win-win-win for you.

Start putting down insecticide and grub killer in February.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Anhydrous Ammonia...

Works like a champ...

When we put Ammonia (AA) on the surrounding field, it drives moles to the lawn. If you put AA in the runs in your yard, it will burn the grass.

I'm going to try the easy-set mole eliminator traps. Maybe we should organize a group buy!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    When we put Ammonia (AA) on the surrounding field, it drives moles to the lawn. If you put AA in the runs in your yard, it will burn the grass.

I'm going to try the easy-set mole eliminator traps. Maybe we should organize a group buy!

I'll take a couple of weeks of brown grass to be rid of the little devils...

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    If you want to try a more natural/long term solution, try a westie or scottie dog. These small highlands terriors were bread as rodent dogs and love to do their jobs. They are small enough to not scare the moles and fast enough to dig them up before they can get away. I once had a westie who earned his keep by killing any mole brave enough to dig in our yard. He made many road trips to friends and families houses for this purpose. The moles never stood a chance. The poor guy is long gone now though. Now my neighbor has a scottie dog that is pretty much a community dog. We never see more than one mole track in the yard at a time, and it always ends with a freshly dug hole.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    My dogs are wothless mole hunters. They dig trying to get to them but no luck. I took 6 or 7 old road flares, cut slits in the tunnels, lit them off and shoved them in the ends of the runs. Smashed them all down the next day. I think that may have worked, no new runs in the last few days...

It was kinda fun, had the whole yard seeping smoke. Almost wish I could find another active run just to do it again to the little varmints.

Top Bottom