Got a new gun, feel kind of bad about it!?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just took possession of a LNIB Mossberg model 500 20ga. w/ 26" smooth bore barrel w/ interchangeable chokes and a 24" ported, fully rifled slug barrel:yesway:.
    The only reason I got it is because another Ingo member has fallen on hard times:noway:
    I got a fairly good deal on it:yesway:
    He probably lost a few bucks on it:noway:
    For me, it adds to the collection, I already had the model 500 in both 12ga. and .410ga., so now I have a 3-piece set:yesway:
    He is down one "member of the family":noway:
    I felt so bad about him losing a "child", I offered to sell it back to him at the same price if he wanted it back. I gave him 6 mos. He still has a chance to get his gun back!:yesway:
    I may lose it!:noway:
    I feel like a damned yo-yo!:dunno:
    For now, I have a new toy:D

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    your heart and mind are in the right place, call it good karma or whatever.

It will in turn and time come back to you, its people like you that make this forum as great as it is!

Thank You! :yesway: :patriot: :ingo:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, you did good with your offer. I sold a few pistols to a friend of mine earlier this year because I need the money. He made me the same offer to sell them back to me at a later date for the same price if I wanted.

Good friends are great to have. Never take advantange of a good friend.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I've done it a couple of times with a friend of mine. One time he needed money to help his brother keep from being evicted and I bought some guns from him, he bought them back about a year later. Then when I was getting a divorce about 12 years ago and needed money for lawyer bills he bought some guns from me. That time I bought them back and let him keep a p-38 that he liked...he got it for $250.00. Doing that is lots better than loaning money. If the guy takes time to pay you back ,you still have the guns to enjoy, and there are no hard feelings.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    I've done this several times for friends. Plus, especially youngins, that I know are responsible, I've loned personal firearms to see if thats the model they wanted. Loned my AR to one young man that ended up in Iraq, always hoped that being familiar with it helped.
    Doing a good deed has rewards that are out of this world................:@ya:..
    .............................<>< Duce

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have had to sell some when I was in a bad point. All my friends that bought them held on to them until I was back on my feet and have sold them back at the original price. Even my little Winchester M1 Carbine that was worth considerably more than what I sold it for and even more after a few years. Good friends are hard to come by and for me, are my real family. I have since returned the favor for one that is down on his luck with his job. Nice toy to play with for a while and then it will go back home when he is back on his feet.

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    I was glossing over the OP and read "hard times", and when I got to "lost a child" I got an empty feeling in my chest. Almost as if my breath was taken, as I am a father myself. This made me reread the post.

Its just a shotgun, not a family heirloom. You should no have any misgivings about your recent purchase.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    +1 on the good karma! You did a good thing!

OP's comment made me think of an old friend of mine...I traded him a Colt Officer's Model .45, stainless, and a IWB Kramer horsehide holster for a garden tractor with accessories. At the time it was a fair deal money-wise...Wifey wanted a tractor...

What was I thinking!:n00b:

Top Bottom