• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    A little fear, plus rumors & guesses will make the prices rise. Once they go up a little, people start to believe there will be a shortage and it will sprial out of control.

It has already begun...

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Nicolas Cage to the rescue! ;)
    picture.php

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Was planning to buy 1k 7.62x39 when I got paid tomorrow. Was $220-230 yesterday. Prices have literally gone up $20 on the two sites I was looking at overnight. Gonna have to get it tomorrow before the prices skyrocket and we have another 2009.

I unfortunately had a boating accident this morning and am only buying the rounds to cherish and remember. :):

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Every ban would be for the future buying, not what we already owned before the ban. So, I wouldn't waste my energy to worry about what I have already. And I am a life member of the NRA.

OZESS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    valparaiso indiana
    NRA ALL THE WAY.AN YOU GUYS MAY BE RIGHT ON THE COST OF THINGS
    BUT I DID NOT SEE TO MUCH OF A CHANGE OVER THE 4 YRS.I STILL GO TO GUN SHOWS AND YES SOME OF THE DEALERS WANT TOP DOLLAR FOR WHAT THEY MAY HAVE BUT THERE ARE THOSE THAT ARE STILL FAIR.JUST HAVE TO HUNT HARDER FOR THE SPECIAL DEALS.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    NRA ALL THE WAY.AN YOU GUYS MAY BE RIGHT ON THE COST OF THINGS
    BUT I DID NOT SEE TO MUCH OF A CHANGE OVER THE 4 YRS.I STILL GO TO GUN SHOWS AND YES SOME OF THE DEALERS WANT TOP DOLLAR FOR WHAT THEY MAY HAVE BUT THERE ARE THOSE THAT ARE STILL FAIR.JUST HAVE TO HUNT HARDER FOR THE SPECIAL DEALS.

No need to type that loud!

Caps-Lock,E-C-272676-13.jpg

ae168504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Basically, what I see here is fearmongering (their plan ?) is working, only this time, the sheepdogs are falling for it hook line and sinker.

:twocents:

Let's all calm down, be vigilant, but no need to go on a buying spree otherwise prices WILL go up.

Totally agree. Panic and impulse buying by big numbers of people will for sure drive prices through the roof. Remember people, limit the demand, and supply keeps up and prices stay put. Simple economics.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Prices on most guns have just kept dropping since obama originally got in office...

All the major panic is pretty well gone, except for a few who STILL didn't get the hint to buy up what they want over the past couple years.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't see a ban actually going through but prices will go up for a year or two.
    I hope your are right, but Obama is anti-gun, probably even more than Clinton. If Clinton could get one passed, I see no reason that Obama couldn't do the same. If he can't get it in his first two years of this coming term, he may be able to get it done in the second half. That would depend on the results of the mid-term elections.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    What are the chances of an Executive Order? I couldn't see a bill getting through the House, but I wouldn't put it past Barry to legistlate for us since he knows best.

Won't happen - too many other priorities, and he is not going to make it harder for Democrats in house and senate to get re-elected.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Palmetto State Armory raised all of their ammo prices this morning, example @ 6:00 am 1000 rd of AE .223 was $350, now the same thing is $369. sgammo.com is out of almost all bulk .223 rounds unless you are looking for green tip or tracers which are pricey.

Do you ever use these guys? Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo

I like the .223/5.56 reman. I've gotten from them. Reasonable prices. I've got some .45 acp coming from them on Monday, so I'll be anxious to see how they do. I've not heard anything bad about them.

Top Bottom