• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Correct. Mine will serve as a backup on those odd occasions that I actually carry a BUG as opposed to a second full size gun, or just one gun.

I know that the G42 is too big for pocket carry. So I'd assume you would carry it on your belt. Wouldn't it be better to just carry a J-Frame instead? It's a larger caliber, and probably more reliable.

You're already used to carrying 2 Glock 19s, I can't imagine carrying a G19 and a J-Frame being difficult for you.

But, that's just my way of thinking...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glock 42 might be the J frame replacement I have been looking for. But now that all the 380s have left the house I am hesitant to reinvest in that cartridge.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Well, thanks for all the great suggestions and input. Today I decided to head over to Midwest Gun Exchange to see and hold the guns that everyone suggested. I quickly narrowed it down to 2, based on your suggestions and which simply felt best in hand to me, the Kahr CM9 and the Sig Sauer P938. I ended up choosing the Sig P938. :rockwoot:It just felt better in hand and, well...... it's a Sig. Don't really know what to expect since this is my first Sig Sauer product and the idea of micro compacts and deal concealment just yet. Now the decision of whether to go back to pocket carry as with my old LCP or to stay with IWB and a good kydex or leather holster.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ok I'm curious....why is it the J Frame you're looking for?

Auto instead of a revolver. Because all the cool kids shoot autos.

That at is my tongue in cheek way of saying that I am still waiting on a pocket sized auto that 1) actually runs and 2) does not feel like somebody is beating my hand with a hammer. The J frame is a bit rough on the hand but at least it isn't susceptible to limp wristing. Seems to me that a gun that will fire with less them optimum grip is a characteristic good for a pocket gun.

edit: when at home I usually keep a smith 642 in my pocket. I refer to it as my lawn mowing gun

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I go back and forth on the .380, but I think I'd still be more comfortable with a 38 special, or better yet, my Glock 26.

:yesway: Yep. All 380s and KelTecs (PF9) have left our house. No place for those anymore. Interestingly enough I have carried 4 snub nosed revolvers over the years. Finally starting to realize they serve the purpose they need to serve

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Auto instead of a revolver. Because all the cool kids shoot autos.

That at is my tongue in cheek way of saying that I am still waiting on a pocket sized auto that 1) actually runs and 2) does not feel like somebody is beating my hand with a hammer. The J frame is a bit rough on the hand but at least it isn't susceptible to limp wristing. Seems to me that a gun that will fire with less them optimum grip is a characteristic good for a pocket gun.

edit: when at home I usually keep a smith 642 in my pocket. I refer to it as my lawn mowing gun

that was my reason for abandoning small compacts back then. I pretty much had given up on a comfortable micro until I felt the Sig P938 configuration with the hogue rubber grip and extended mag.. I can get a full, comfy 4 finger grip and the feel of the slightly bulbous grip reminds me of my M&P's.

85s10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I really like my Taurus 738 TCP and I have rather large hands. The pinkie extension for the clip helps. $199 on sale at Big R in fort wayne.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Taurus 738 is a good choice. The Taurus 709 Slim is only slightly larger so it is a great summer EDC IWB in a High Noon tuck able. Also gives 7+1 in a stronger caliber.

Can't argue with a Sig, though. Nice choice.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    This may have been said already, I didn't read through the whole thread, but I love my diamondback db380. It's small, controllable, and the manual of arms is the same as my G23. Frankly, it's so similar to a glock that I'm not quite sure why they haven't been sued yet. I had a few failures to feed in the first 100 or so rounds, but I'm now at 4-500 rounds fired, and haven't had an issue in the last 300.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    For the price... I hear the Taurus TCP is a good option. I'm still waiting for a chance to finger a Beretta Pico... but its been 1.5 years and still no sign of one.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    that was my reason for abandoning small compacts back then. I pretty much had given up on a comfortable micro until I felt the Sig P938 configuration with the hogue rubber grip and extended mag.. I can get a full, comfy 4 finger grip and the feel of the slightly bulbous grip reminds me of my M&P's.

So have you shot your Sig yet? I bet you really love it once you have put some rounds down range!

Top Bottom