• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    M&P Shield 9mm. I won't carry anything smaller. Easily the most shootable small pistol I have ever had.

Another vote for the Shield. It's bigger than the LCP, but it's very light on recoil for its size and very accurate once you're familiar with it. Plus you can order them online and come out to under $400 which is pretty reasonable.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    M&P Shield 9mm. I won't carry anything smaller. Easily the most shootable small pistol I have ever had.

This summer I want to carry IWB since I have lost all my weight and love handles. I fully planned to carry my favorite Kimber Ultra but decided I didn't want to inflict the wear & tear an EDC piece will incur on such a high dollar gun. I also have a M&P 9c but I just didn't like the feel of the double stack thickness for IWB and I didn't feel there was enough size difference between it and the Shield to warrant another M&P. Maybe I should go back to Midwest and look it over once again and possibly trade or sell the 9c.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I shot the new gen lcp next to a sig p238. The lcp was very uncomfortable, I could have shot the sig all day long. I don't remember who had it on display, but some manufacturer had what looked to be a same sized new gun that looked like a carbon copy of the lcp on display at the NRA show. Its not out yet, but looked to be a very nice piece and better made than the lcp

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    to the OP-->
    carrying a subcompact Glock IWB (good holster/belt combo) in shorts and a tshirt is easily concealed and very comfortable.
    and if you're going to go with a .380 then I'm sure the 42 IWB (in a good holster) would feel lighter than a cell phone on your hip...

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I liked my LCP. But after getting a Sig P238, I did not have any use for it. I have since bought 2 more Sig P238s. One is for my wife. She is very recoil sensitive. She loves her P238. It may cost 2-3 times as much as an LCP, but it is so worth it. It conceals very easily in the pocket. Accurate and reliable. Great SA trigger. Only thing is, it is a .380. If you want small, and you want 9mm, I am familiar with the P938 and the Kahr CM9. Both excellent choices. I carry the CM9 daily IWB. Recoil is more managable than the LCP, trigger is better, It's 9mm, and if you look around, you can find one around $350.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Don't overlook the Kahr CM9. I know I did for awhile, but when I finally bought mine, I realized what I had been missing. Great pocket firearm! Even though it's a little guy, it's one of my favorite guns to shoot (and honestly, I outshoot many of my other guns with it).

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I just upgraded my kel tec .380 to a S&W shield in 9mm. Took her to range and shot a hundred rounds threw her with no issues. So far so good

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I have a Sig 938 and a Kahr PM9 both are excellent, easy to carry and accurate. The Sig is 1911 based and has a manual safety and a real hammer with a single action trigger. The Kahr is striker fired but has a very good trigger for a long pull gun. Check them out

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Don't overlook the Kahr CM9. I know I did for awhile, but when I finally bought mine, I realized what I had been missing. Great pocket firearm! Even though it's a little guy, it's one of my favorite guns to shoot (and honestly, I outshoot many of my other guns with it).

This. Best little gun I ever bought.

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    I know it's probably a fan boy response, but I've been using the heck out of froglube clp for idk how long (probably since they came out), and I love it. It now gets used on all of my guns.

I initially switched to it because my dog loves being around my guns when I'm cleaning them and I didn't like the idea of her licking or sniffing a toxic solvent or cleaner. So far so good. She loves the smell of gunpowder. ;)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    As others here have said. Look at a CM9 or a P938. If you want to stay small and 380 look at their 380 counterparts. The CW380 and P238. I have the 380 versions and I really really want a 938 for summer pocket carry! You're talking about more money though even if it's also more gun... To stay closer to your ruger in price and option while still getting more for your money I say go Kahr.. But can't go wrong with any of these in my opinion as seems to be the same as others here :):

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have an SR40C and LOVE it. It's a bit bigger than the lcp, but pull the trigger and you hardly feel any recoil. Very comfortable to shoot. I carry this one IWB and it's not bad at all.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    I agree that the PM9/CM9 is probably what your looking for, but the 2nd gen LCP does have a better trigger and sights than the original LCP. Add the 7rd Ruger magazine for a much improved grip/better control and can still pocket carry with the 7 rd mag-no problem. I love my LCP. I still choose 8 rds of 380 over 5 rds of 38 because I can conceal the LCP better than any revolver, period - so I always have it. I'm also always surprised about how well I can shoot it even up to 15-25 yards.

Just my thoughts.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am not a fan of the .380, but after shooting the Glock 42, I am going to buy 2 of them. My wife's Ruger will be getting the boot in short order.

Your wife had an LC380 right? I have not messed with the Glock 42 yet. If it is reliable I like the concept of the larger 380 platform. I had a student show up with an LC380 to a class. It broke and he completed the course with my Glock.

Side note my my wife had a Walther PK380. It was a lovely gun to shoot. It would run some ammo fine and other ammo would fail to extract every other round. I eventually told her it was simply not suitable. Bought her an M&P Pro but she complained about recoil. She liked out SW1911 in 9mm, but fell in love with the trigger on my Wilson Combat. Bought another SW1911 just for her and it is at the gunsmith getting a short trigger and better ambi safety installed as we speak. Should be a ery nice gun when we get it back.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    15g753n.jpg

I carry mine most of the time in a smartcarry (when I'm not carrying something larger, or sometimes when I am).

Top Bottom