• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm looking for a good place to shoot. I have a glock 22 and a mosin. I really like atterbury but ideally I'd like to shoot at a place where I can set up my own targets that are not just paper. It seems like that would have to a private property but I'm not sure. I'm 27 years old and I just got back into firearms within the last year. In high school I had a buddy whose grandfather owned a farm in southern Indiana and we would go shoot at milk jugs and cans there. It would be nice to be able to do that again? anyone know of a place where you can do that?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    You can look for a conservation club... still going to be shooting paper at all of them though and some (like Danville) have a 1 round every 3 second rule which... I don't care for at all.

majew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    You can look for a conservation club... still going to be shooting paper at all of them though and some (like Danville) have a 1 round every 3 second rule which... I don't care for at all.

1 round every 3 seconds is kinda odd, I know at atterbury its 1 round every second and thats ok.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    You will have to join a private range and even then there will be range rules limiting what you can shoot at. There is liability involved in allowing someone to shoot on your property and in these days with everybody sue happy it will be hard to find someone who you do not know well that will let you shoot on their property.

majew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    The friends I know that have property that I can shoot at - are just friends I've met through friends over time.

Ideally I would own property I could shoot on but that's not going to happen for a while. I've lived in major cities my whole life (Indianapolis, Chicago) so I have no friends in a more rural area.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    1 round every 3 seconds is kinda odd, I know at atterbury its 1 round every second and thats ok.

It's because housing additions have a nasty habbit of popping up everywhere. Danville Conservation has a pond/lake, across it a hundred yards or so is an upscale neighborhood... immediately across the street is an older neighborhood. I was a member there for a year, went like twice, was just too annoying.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Ideally I would own property I could shoot on but that's not going to happen for a while. I've lived in major cities my whole life (Indianapolis, Chicago) so I have no friends in a more rural area.

Gather up some like-minded friends, form an LLC, pool money together and buy some remote acreage.

Top Bottom