• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Forcing or attempting to force someone to "tolerate" (usually it means "accept") something they don't want to accept is intolerant.

Forcing the word "tolerate" to meet any definition in any context is intolerant. Tolerance means what it means to whoever is using the word. That's the only way to be tolerant.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That's not a surprise, but those cases have factors that this one does not have.
    like? Teacher-student interaction? Should it not work in reverse?
    ...and prosecutions are not convictions.
    it says that right at the bottom of the article. But, the "threat" also says this is not a threat. If it was a prank, they are really throwing the book at him. I don't see how "big things" is worse than "burning" a place down. Is an attempt to hide identity that much worse then expected anonymity?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    like? Teacher-student interaction? Should it not work in reverse?
    it says that right at the bottom of the article. But, the "threat" also says this is not a threat. If it was a prank, they are really throwing the book at him. I don't see how "big things" is worse than "burning" a place down. Is an attempt to hide identity that much worse then expected anonymity?

Significant difference #1- a threat communicated to the person the threat was about....necessary under the intimidation statute.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Assuming this was a threat, and I don't think it was, it was not communicated directly to Memories Pizza. It was tweeted to her followers and I have seen no evidence that Memories Pizza followed her. That takes this right out of an "intimidation" charge.

...but like I said, it was clearly hyperbole and not a threat. It was not even a prank impersonating a threat. It was a person venting and obviously that.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Assuming this was a threat, and I don't think it was, it was not communicated directly to Memories Pizza. It was tweeted to her followers and I have seen no evidence that Memories Pizza followed her. That takes this right out of an "intimidation" charge.

...but like I said, it was clearly hyperbole and not a threat. It was not even a prank impersonating a threat. It was a person venting and obviously that.

It was a stupid person venting into social media, and for that she has lost her coaching job. (She wasn't a teacher, she was a sport coach)

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I wonder if Memories Pizza is incorporated?

what difference, if any, would that make?

society may have received recompense, but Memories Pizza hasn't

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Didn't they get like $800k?
    not as recompense
    that was a fund drive set up by someone else.

if your house burns down and a fundraiser nets you a boatload of money, should your insurance company not have to pay?
    (Somewhat bad analogy, but an analogy none the less)

Was she using the schools Twitter account?
    How many followers does the account have?
    I think the case could be made that she affected the business. The extent of the effect could be argued but not the effect itself.

especially if it was the school account.......settlement written all over that

Top Bottom