• cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    That alone? Don't think so.

What if she had an "arsenal" of matches in her kitchen and some accelerant in her garage, and had Googled the location of the pizza place on her PC? How about if she bought said matches after she posted her invitation to mayhem?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Reminds me of this "Whitest Kids U Know" sketch.

The context of things you're allowed to say and not say.

[video=youtube;QEQOvyGbBtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQOvyGbBtY[/video]

That is some funny she-it. He always cracks me up.:laugh:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Seemed to me that she was just blowing off steam. Most juries would probably agree.

Examples of what I might consider an actual threat:

"Memories Pizza, if you don't change your stance I'm going to burn your building down."

"I am going to burn down Memories Pizza at 6:00PM tonight. Who wants to help?"

"Start catering gay weddings or I will email you dirty pictures of myself."

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Arson is a felony.

Threatening to commit arson? Under very specific circumstances I do not believe are present here, maybe a misdemeanor or low level felony....I just don't see the criminality.

I see a person using their freedom of speech to express there hatred for someone else's viewpoint and no real threat.

She tweeted.... Who is going to Walkertown, In. To Memory's pizza and burn it down w me ?

I believe that's a credible threat.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Standing alone, generally, threats aren't illegal.

Attempts are, but that's more than a threat alone. Threats in an attempt to get people to do or not do things in certain situations may be.

It seems odd to me that people would want to criminalize a mere threat....and I don't think this was even a real threat.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Would you feel the same if it was you're family's small business on the evening news and someone tweeted burning it down..

I would....The thought of credible threats to burn down our gun shop makes my mouth water.....

I would post in INGO classifieds..

Help Wanted: Need a posse of Southern Indiana INGO members to be well armed to react to a threat made on your Clubhouse....Canadians from Indy are welcome but must supply their own gas for the trip down....Appropriate ammo will be provided along with T Shirts and cheesy CCW/LTCH Gold badges on chains....:)

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I went to Memories Pizza for dinner last week.
    I had work near Walkerton and thought I would give them a little business.
    the place was not at all what I expected.
    It should be called Memories Ice Cream, and we also have Pizza.
    I drove by it twice looking for it before I figured out where it was.
    I was looking for a typical "pizza joint" and that's not what it looks like at all.
    If I had not been looking for it, I would have driven past and never knew it was there.
    It's in an old downtown row building that's about 20 feet wide and 50-60 feet deep to the back of the kitchen.
    If it burnt down, 3 or 4 other business would probably be burnt down too.
    Looks like a 1950-60's ice cream shop and the last place in the world anybody would walk into looking for catering services for a wedding.
    It's a place you take your little league baseball team for pizza and ice cream after the game on Saturday afternoon.

Memories Pizza seats about 30 maybe but 80% or more of their business is take out.
    They don't even have soda fountains. They sell cans of pop & 2 liters.
    Pretty good Pizza too. Nothing spectacular or gourmet, just good hand made pizza.
    I got the 12" thin crust with pepperoni and Italian sausage and 2 cans of pop.
    The pizza was $9 + $.50 each for the cans of pop. Very good prices.
    Extremely nice people and the place had a great small town wholesome vibe that I really enjoyed.
    I will go back again next time I'm in the area.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I went to Memories Pizza for dinner last week.
    I had work near Walkerton and thought I would give them a little business.
    the place was not at all what I expected.
    It should be called Memories Ice Cream, and we also have Pizza.
    I drove by it twice looking for it before I figured out where it was.
    I was looking for a typical "pizza joint" and that's not what it looks like at all.
    If I had not been looking for it, I would have driven past and never knew it was there.
    It's in an old downtown row building that's about 20 feet wide and 50-60 feet deep to the back of the kitchen.
    If it burnt down, 3 or 4 other business would probably be burnt down too.
    Looks like a 1950-60's ice cream shop and the last place in the world anybody would walk into looking for catering services for a wedding.
    It's a place you take your little league baseball team for pizza and ice cream after the game on Saturday afternoon.

Memories Pizza seats about 30 maybe but 80% or more of their business is take out.
    They don't even have soda fountains. They sell cans of pop & 2 liters.
    Pretty good Pizza too. Nothing spectacular or gourmet, just good hand made pizza.
    I got the 12" thin crust with pepperoni and Italian sausage and 2 cans of pop.
    The pizza was $9 + $.50 each for the cans of pop. Very good prices.
    Extremely nice people and the place had a great small town wholesome vibe that I really enjoyed.
    I will go back again next time I'm in the area.

It sounds as if Memories has the carriage return market cornered.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Standing alone, generally, threats aren't illegal.

Attempts are, but that's more than a threat alone. Threats in an attempt to get people to do or not do things in certain situations may be.

It seems odd to me that people would want to criminalize a mere threat....and I don't think this was even a real threat.

Hough Made... I normally quite agree with you. I fear that where you are going would seem to be a bit of a slippery slope... there was a young man who posted threats against my family - and tried to disguise them as song lyrics. Granted it didn't get him jail time. But it got him expelled from school. And it was part of a pattern of harassment. So I get where you are going, but before you get TOO far down Smug Lawyerly Lane - it might also make sense to point out that there is a line that will hurt if crossed. Threats are real - and have real consequences for real people. I think that's what you meant by the "Standing alone" part - at least I hope so.

While I may agree that this coach did not intend to burn down the pizza joint - in the crazed overheated invective present on that day - it was a very stupid , dangerous, and dare I say - incendiary thing to say.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    No prosecutor expecting to win would put up charges in that case. Trust me, I see "threats" reported all the time via Facebook post. So and so is going to kick someone's ***. And as of yet, haven't seen anyone willing to prosecute.
    Kicking someone's rump and seeking help in burning down a business are completely different and far apart.
    I would have to take a threat like that very seriously and implement precautions that would protect my livelihood and property.
    She should be charged and let all the facts be presented. Not just on what's coming from a media source.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I think the damage is done to her in the non court system already. Someone will google her name if she is applying for a job and find these stories. Remember the big corp. management guy who berated a Chik Fil A employee? He is jobless and living on welfare, he was fired from the job he was at when he did it, then got another job. The new job internet searched him and immediately fired him. Being an idiot and idiotic actions have a lasting affect on people sometimes.

Top Bottom