• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    What crime did she commit? For a charge to stick, she would have had to express her intent to the potential victim.

Let's see if the prosecuting attorney agrees with your legal analysis. Pretty sure her defense attorney will, though...

You're talking about an intimidation charge. Were the owners of Memories aware of the threat? What was her purpose in publishing the threat to the interwebz?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let's see if the prosecuting attorney agrees with your legal analysis. Pretty sure her defense attorney will, though...

You're talking about an intimidation charge. Were the owners of Memories aware of the threat? What was her purpose in publishing the threat to the interwebz?

No prosecutor expecting to win would put up charges in that case. Trust me, I see "threats" reported all the time via Facebook post. So and so is going to kick someone's ***. And as of yet, haven't seen anyone willing to prosecute.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I agree on the criminal charges part, she has already been convicted in the court of public opinion and sentenced via her job. I was just glad the school corp. didn't just sweep this under the rug like the CBS station did in Virginia with an employee who voiced her opinion of the pizza place (which wouldn't have been a big deal if she(m) hadn't put where she worked on twitter. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but if you work in the media, you have to be careful what you put about employment on social media {I don't have any employers listed on facebook or twitter}).

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Idiot. She was more than stating her opinion, she was inviting people to go burn the place with her.
    Years ago, someone at work made a comment about a bomb threat. When a bomb threat actually was called in, guess who the police came and questioned.
    There's a difference in stating your opinion and feelings, and actually suggesting committing a crime.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There's these things called morality and character that often draw lines in actions short of the law

True enough.
    The problem is that morality and character are not valued by most of modern society. Perhaps as many as 30%-40% of people believe they are important enough to affect their actions.
    The day may be coming when those who think morality and character are important are as rare and as segregated to themselves as the Amish.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jess_dooley.jpg

I agree with the firing. Criminal charges are a bit much.

I can not believe with all of the success he has had with "Ancient Aliens" on the history channel that he would risk it all to make a threat against a small business...What a shame......It's funny that without the beard he looks kind of like a girl....

giorgiofeat__span.jpg

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I believe that's a threat to commit arson,, a felony in most states.

Arson is a felony.

Threatening to commit arson? Under very specific circumstances I do not believe are present here, maybe a misdemeanor or low level felony....I just don't see the criminality.

I see a person using their freedom of speech to express there hatred for someone else's viewpoint and no real threat.

Top Bottom