• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    yup i watch it, the last couple episodes have been funny for me, they wont listen to the experienced guy that the owner of the land sent up but if you watch the earlier episodes they say the will take all the help the can get and the old guy that was sent up there hasnt been wrong when a problem comes up and the crew wastes hours of work when if they listened to the old guy they would have been done in 10 minutes

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    They kinda remind me of a bunch of school kids going looking for buried treasure in the woods out back. They load up all their ho hos and ding dongs, and crap that doesn't work, and go on a treasure hunt. The whole show is centered around how unorganized they are, and how they thought nothing out, except getting mega rich.

Oh yeah, I'll watch the last episodes, but if this crap goes a second season, I'm not giving any promises on watching it. :dunno:

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    If i was the owner of the land they would all be asked to leave at the end of the season...They are ripping apart his property and have no clue of whats going on..Harness is argueing with a experienced miner and the owners eyes and ears? WHAT A JOKE

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I still don't understand the family thing?? It's a dangerous place, with dangerous equipment, and dwindling supplies. So why expose your family to this place, even though it was incredibly beautiful.

I looked at it like it was a mission, and you wouldn't take your family to a battle zone. Our service men have to sacrifice for much longer periods of time without family. These guys couldn't go 4-5 months? C'mon!

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i like how darcey left and went on the boat for a day and made 600 bucks. when the operation put the rest of them in the hole for $1000 just on operating costs

latj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I've been watching it too. Discovery channel, and Travel channel are about the only things I watch after football season is done

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I've been watching it too. Discovery channel, and Travel channel are about the only things I watch after football season is done

I kinda like TLC too. I think they did a good job with Sarah Palin's Alaska. Breathtaking stuff, and Alaska is gorgeous too!;)

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I liked how no one was smart enough to walk up stream to see where there water was coming from until someone got sick. I think if I am going to live in the wild and use the water without filtering it I would have hiked a few miles to figure out where is was coming from or at least what was in it.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I liked how no one was smart enough to walk up stream to see where there water was coming from until someone got sick. I think if I am going to live in the wild and use the water without filtering it I would have hiked a few miles to figure out where is was coming from or at least what was in it.

Yeah, they have all that glacier fed, fast moving water out in front of them, and they're taking water from a stream trickling down the mountain beside them. Someone missed Boy Scout Training 101.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    A lot of fail in the first few episodes. I picked Darcey out as a weak sister the first episode; he brought nothing to the table but desperation and attitude. Knew he would not last. The rest of the stuff - fighting, not knowing what they are doing, etc. could have been taken care of by contacting consultants who knew what to do, before they started.

Of course, you wonder how much of this crap is staged for the screen, like bringing up the families, the fights, the lack of planning. Every show needs a crisis, and if they had just gotten squared away, worked hard, found gold and processed it, a lot of people would not watch the show.

Every time I get drawn in and start hoping they succeed, I realize DISCOVER is going to cut them all a nice check and they will never run out of $$ for fuel, food or anything else as long as filming is going on.

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I just love to hear it when they go to the neighbor and say how he mines 30k worth of gold a day with himself and his grandson..and across the way u have all 7 of the knuckleheads running around in circles

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    keep in mind they found their first nugget so now with 5 months under their belt the all pro miners and no one can tell them what to do now not even a lifetime miner cause they already know everything... kinda like the funny yote hunting video on here

Top Bottom