• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Just spent 36 hours with no power.....all food ruined, everyone frying, so i just went and did it!

Dropped 650.00 on a 6000watt generator, got it home...put the legs on and handle....oiled it up...gassed it up, was just about to kick it on..................................................................................................................................................................................and the power comes back on.

ARG!!!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Thanks, but my wife would be wearing my jewels around her neck, and id be talkin like a lady...lol

Yea....im sure this isnt the last time it will happen, always good to be prep'ed.

Still figures...ug.

I'll give $101.75. That extra $1.75 should take care of the pain and suffering of losing the family jewels and the embarrassment of talking like a lady.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I'll give $101.75. That extra $1.75 should take care of the pain and suffering of losing the family jewels and the embarrassment of talking like a lady.

Keep the offers comin people.....lol

I will have to say...this is a nice one, gotta love unexpected expenses.

nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    I agree, that is a great investment to have. I love always being able to have power and not being in a line of people at lowes to buy a generator when an emergency happens

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I live in the "Deep South" near the Ohio. Power went out and all the generators were sold out in this area. I drove up to Indy to get a generator and just before I bought it call my boys. "The power just came on, daddy."
    Oh well, nice little 1.5 hour drive each way.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Yup sounds like my luck too Mackey...I'm on a downward spiral as of late for bad luck.

Hope it will turn around soon....i could use some good fortune. :D

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I would have left mine that way too, but the power just had to wait until i got it oiled and fueled up, i dont like leaving fuel in things very long.....we'll see how long it takes to happen again.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    We bought ours under the same circumstances. But who's complaining? Because you will need it at some point in the future. As it is now, I don't know how we ever got by without one.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    We bought ours under the same circumstances. But who's complaining? Because you will need it at some point in the future. As it is now, I don't know how we ever got by without one.

I hear ya...we have talked about getting one since we moved here about 3 years ago.

This just gave us the excuse to do it.

All set for next time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Now you can run your fridge with an extension cord.
    But what are you going to do if you need to run the heater in the winter? Even Natural Gas heat requires power for the controls and the blower.
    I have a junction on the outside of the house to plug in.
    And a small panel inside the house for switching over 3 ckts of 110v, and 1 ckt of 220v. Might want to think ahead of time.
    And be careful running in a garage. A lot of heaters draw their air from the garage, you can CO poison accidently.

You can see my set up if you want sometime. It's simple, and relatively cheap.
    I had a cheaper system before, but required more brains to operate.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Now you can run your fridge with an extension cord.
    But what are you going to do if you need to run the heater in the winter? Even Natural Gas heat requires power for the controls and the blower.
    I have a junction on the outside of the house to plug in.
    And a small panel inside the house for switching over 3 ckts of 110v, and 1 ckt of 220v. Might want to think ahead of time.
    And be careful running in a garage. A lot of heaters draw their air from the garage, you can CO poison accidently.

You can see my set up if you want sometime. It's simple, and relatively cheap.
    I had a cheaper system before, but required more brains to operate.

Yea i was just talking to the wife about this kind of stuff today, told her there will have to be some wiring done.
    Important thing for now is the fridge, sheesh did we have to dump alot of money in food.

Top Bottom