• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm getting the sense people don't mind over paying for product from this thread and some of my replies are are from Gm employees. Oh well, I'll spend my dollars someplace else.
    i don't buy guns at Gander, nor do I run to the Internet and cry when I am affronted by a GM employee that is tired of hearing about things he can't control? I go to GM to buy something I am in need of right now, and look at things the LGS doesn't have he buying power to obtain in a crunch!

jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Largest display in the area means the most purchased, the more you buy the lower the cost so this statement is ridiculous.

Having economies of scale does not mean you have to pass the savings on to the consumer. Look, somebody has to overpay so us smart shoppers can get it so cheap. That might make you feel better.

These threads always make me hum this:
    I was lookin' for guns in all the wrong places
    Lookin' for guns in too many places
    Searchin' their deals, lookin' for butt hurt
    Of what I'm dreamin' of
    Hopin' to find a glock for 299 at cheaper than dirt

There is an old saying that Abraham Lincoln used to say: that house of ill repute overcharges and everytime I go in there all these idiots pay too much and they always stay busy but they wont ever accept my priceline bid even though some other place will. Idiots. I will try again tomorrow and expect a different result. Perhaps I will ask them to give me their bestest trade in value on my sig. I know they wont but perhaps. Just perhaps.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'm getting the sense people don't mind over paying for product from this thread and some of my replies are are from Gm employees. Oh well, I'll spend my dollars someplace else.

So... YOU went to gander looking for good prices, and now WE are stupid. None of us went to GM expecting to find a deal. Decent selection, for Terre haute, maybe. Clean restrooms, maybe. Lowest prices? Wrong store.

What is "over paying"? Is that when you willingly trade an amount of cash for a product or service, making a conscious decision to do so, and then find out that you could have gotten it for less?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So... YOU went to gander looking for good prices, and now WE are stupid. None of us went to GM expecting to find a deal. Decent selection, for Terre haute, maybe. Clean restrooms, maybe. Lowest prices? Wrong store.

What is "over paying"? Is that when you willingly trade an amount of cash for a product or service, making a conscious decision to do so, and then find out that you could have gotten it for less?

^^PRETTY MUCH^^ Or the Jonnie Lunch meats of the world (I call them that because they are just like the ones that eat in with all the carry ins without ever contributing or bringing anything but cups or ice) But the ones that now read the dealer price and think they should get the gun for that same dealer price not factoring in their fee, shipping or even tax and then complain about the "High price". Stores like Gander are a great place to look and handle. You can get a better than sticker price if you just ask but you are not going to pay what a dealer pays for theirs. Don't be a cheapskate. If you are you probably do this so keep taking advantage of one of your friends going through a hard time, going out of marriage sale etc.

New car prices are high too but thats what you get when someone is paid 30.00 an hour to put lug nuts on!!!!!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Everybody's allowed their opinion. And sometimes there's repercussions for voicing (typing) those opinions. That's all this is. No big deal.

BTW-I don't think people put lug nuts on. I think it's all robotic.

Top Bottom