• 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    2PvaaPA.jpg

I’ve had peanut butter and bananas but never peanuts. How do you get them to stick to your banana?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, but those are also true of any inexpensive polymer pistol that is fairly reliable.

I think too many fans of the Glock build their arguments for a cheap utilitarian plastic pistol. OK. But that's as much an argument for a Sig 2022, a P-07/09, etc etc.

Face it, Glock isn't the only game in town.

IMO, the strongest arguents for a Glock have to do with the ubiquity of holsters and accessories and aftermarket support. If you aren't planning to mod or customize, then much of the argument for a Glock melts away into the argument for a cheap and affordable, yet effective pistol.

JH

An additional aspect of the Glock is the simplicity of design and low number of parts, etc. I've still got Glocks, but have moved to other striker fired, polymer pistols for my EDC purposes, but will say, that most are still not as simple as the Glock designs.

They do represent simplicity in form and function, which I respect.

Agreed 100% with this statement.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    If you applied the same logic to cars that people use to say that glocks are the best, you'd have to say everyone should own a Toyota Corolla. After all, they work. Period. End of story.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you applied the same logic to cars that people use to say that glocks are the best, you'd have to say everyone should own a Toyota Corolla. After all, they work. Period. End of story.
    A 1980s vintage Corolla with manual windows and the radio delete option

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A 1980s vintage Corolla with manual windows and the radio delete option

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is still running today, and while it might be a bit ugly and the seat may not be the most comfortable, it still fires up with boring dependability, but with both OEM and aftermarket custom parts at the ready.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That is still running today, and while it might be a bit ugly and the seat may not be the most comfortable, it still fires up with boring dependability, but with both OEM and aftermarket custom parts at the ready.

Exactly. Simple and reliable. Not pretty. Not modern. Not fancy. It’s just a simple tool that works as designed reliably.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I drove a Camry for a long while... this is very true. It was very dependable... and so effin boring!

I still have my 88 E30 with an M50 swap in it. That is a simple, rugged car. As long as you can keep them from rusting away, they’ll run forever. Nothing’s boring about that car though :)

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I still have my 88 E30 with an M50 swap in it. That is a simple, rugged car. As long as you can keep them from rusting away, they’ll run forever. Nothing’s boring about that car though :)

Mine was the stock v6.. 2006 model. I stopped giving it oil changes as an experiment. I had already planned to buy a new car and knew I would not get anything for the Camry. About 50k miles with no maintenance or oil without a problem. Then I bought my Malibu, and kept the Camry for another year. Drove it a year later, besides a jump start it was perfect, drove it from Lafayette to il to sell it(after full disclosure) with no problems. Camry's work. Period. End of story.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Mine was the stock v6.. 2006 model. I stopped giving it oil changes as an experiment. I had already planned to buy a new car and knew I would not get anything for the Camry. About 50k miles with no maintenance or oil without a problem. Then I bought my Malibu, and kept the Camry for another year. Drove it a year later, besides a jump start it was perfect, drove it from Lafayette to il to sell it(after full disclosure) with no problems. Camry's work. Period. End of story.

Note to self, don't by a car from cookie

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Note to self, don't by a car from cookie

In my defense, this was the only time I have done this, and I practically gave it away after disclosing my experiment... I'm usually meticulous in keeping my things in great condition. Its ok though, I don't sell my things. If I can't have them no one can..

Top Bottom