• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The funny thing is that if anyone has bothered actually to read the OP, they would have noticed the post had nothing about an argument that "Glock is the best" but it was written to respond to gun forum idiots whining and complaining that Glock does not "innovate" enough, it had nothing to do with "which is best." But the time has long past to worry about what the post was actually all about. :)

We read it...we've just been spoiled. We've seen much better flameouts from much better trolls than you.

Meh.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just had a good chuckle, (along with Nutnfancy,) watching his new video. He's doing a long "survival rifle" video. He brings mention of including a handgun and smartly picks the G19. At the 38 minute mark in the vid, Nutnfancy brings out a new, never fired, G19. It fails to feed the first round in the mag. :lmfao:

[video=youtube;ZdSaw9ooL-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdSaw9ooL-I[/video]

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I just had a good chuckle, (along with Nutnfancy,) watching his new video. He's doing a long "survival rifle" video. He brings mention of including a handgun and smartly picks the G19. At the 38 minute mark in the vid, Nutnfancy brings out a new, never fired, G19. It fails to feed the first round in the mag. :lmfao:

I can't believe that guy is still around. I haven't heard mention of him in at least a year.

I slid the slider to 38 minutes and was still barely able to make it to the malfunction. That guy is annoying as all hell.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I've owned several Glocks over the last 25 years or so, and every one of them except one worked flawlessly right out of the box.
    The one that had some issues was a Glock 21 from 20 years ago or so that had feeding issues.
    I sent it back to Glock and they made it right.

YES, I have nicer pistols that I prefer and like much better.

THE MAIN thing I like about Glocks is they're a simple utilitarian pistol that goes 'bang" when I squeeze the trigger.
    If it gets dinged, scratched or the finish gets worn, etc, it's not a tragedy.
    And they don't cost a ton of money.

Lastly, if God forbid I have to use it in a self defense situation, it's not going to **** me off as much when the police swipe it from me and never give it back, EVEN though I was exonerated in my use of it, because I won't have a large amount of money in it.

^^^^^This I can totally agree with.

Yes, but those are also true of any inexpensive polymer pistol that is fairly reliable.

I think too many fans of the Glock build their arguments for a cheap utilitarian plastic pistol. OK. But that's as much an argument for a Sig 2022, a P-07/09, etc etc.

Face it, Glock isn't the only game in town.

IMO, the strongest arguents for a Glock have to do with the ubiquity of holsters and accessories and aftermarket support. If you aren't planning to mod or customize, then much of the argument for a Glock melts away into the argument for a cheap and affordable, yet effective pistol.

JH

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One of the smartest things CZ did in making the P10 was to make it fit G19 holsters. It made it instantly benefit from a decent aftermarket.

One of the more frustrating aspects of the Glocks are the hyperbole that you get from those that emotionally invest themselves in the platform. They either gush regarding the mystical qualities of the platform or just toss out a couple of letters in response to a question, thinking that there need be no explanation of their recommendation of a G19.

They are a cheap, molded plastic pistol filled with stamped steel parts that come together to perform a function in a competent manner. They also are prone to throwing brass at your face more than most other guns in the G19 or G30 versions. They can sometimes have mags that won’t drop, triggers that drag and don’t reliably reset and can be easier to induce a failure to limp wrist in Gen 3 G19s.

I own them and carry them but I don’t have any illusion of their being perfect in any way, shape or form. They do represent simplicity in form and function, which I respect.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    2PvaaPA.jpg

Top Bottom